Chapter Twenty-Six: Danger

Chapter Twenty-Six

Carl

"It's no use trying to break in." I say as all the men start gathering guns and knifes.

"Shut up, kid." A man says.

"Yeah, don't worry. You'll die first anyways." Another man says. I need to escape. I have to save my family.

"We'll attack from the back entrance. Kill everyone in your sight," The familiar man says, "Save the small blonde with the baby and Rick. Everyone else, kill."

I don't know what to do. If I try to escape, they'll kill me. Wait, no they can't. But, they'll beat me.

We start to walk towards the fences. They make a hole and enter Terminus. They all have their guns aimed and one man is holding my arms back, pushing me to walk.

They break through the back door, where we all entered the first time. They shoot a woman and three men. None are familiar.

"Separate." The familiar man says.

The group splits up but the man that is holding me and the man that beat me stay together. They enter to the main entrance. Everyone stops when they see me. All the other men appear from the corners and shoot all the men on the roofs. One of the groups men got shot but is still alive and fighting. The man holding me pulls out a knife and puts it to my bleeding neck. I see my dad enter the main entrance. He stops and an angry emotion comes upon him.

"Let him go." My dad says sternly.

"Rick," the familiar man says, "Nice to see you again. How are things?"My dad doesn't answer. I hear screams and from the corner of my eye, I see Lizzie. A man is holding her, the same as they are holding me. Another man is holding my daughter.

"You said you wouldn't hurt them!" I say in a strained voice.

"We never said that. We said they would survive." The familiar man says. I hear Lizzie scream and Bailey start to cry. I look and see the man who is holding Lizzie starts to touch her. My dad looks at me and gives me an assuring look.

"Take me. Leave them alone." My dad says.

"No!" I yell.

"Carl, it's okay." He tells me. All of the others from the prison walk out. I hear a gun shot and close my eyes. I hear cries that belong to either Maggie or Beth. I open my eyes and see Tyreese on the floor, a bullet hole in his head. Blood bursts out and I see Carol cry. This is really happening. People I love are going to die.

I kick my heel up and kick the man who is holding me in the crotch. He lets me go and I turn around and kick him on the head. Another man rushes to me and throws his fists to my face. I fall to the cement and my face feels numb. A forceful foot hits my rib cage and my neck.

"We told you not to try anything." The man says. Another shot goes off. Then another. Tara and the man, I never knew his name, with ginger hair and a beard fall to the ground, bullets in their heads.

"I already told you! I'll go with you!" my dad yells.I am too weak to lift my head but by the footsteps I hear, my dad walked up to the man.

"Jered, take me." My dad says. I hear another gun shot and then many more. I cover my ears and shut my eyes. I feel someone hover over me and say, "Carl, Carl look at me!" it's Maggie. The guns stop and I look up. All the men are dead. I look to my dad to see a bullet hole in his stomach.