A Needed Explanation

I grab the ring box as I exit the Stylo. I walk towards the door and I open it slowly. I look inside to make sure that Noodle isn't here. I slowly walk inside and I see Noodle sleepin' on the sofa with a blanket up to her belly. Without thinkin' about the risk of wakin' her up, I walk towards her and I lift the blanket up to her chin so that she wouldn't get cold. I smile at the sight. She looks so beautiful and innocent, but why did she act so odd earlier? Oh well, Maybe I can ask Murdoc or Russel if they have some sort of clue.

I walk up the stairs and towards my room. I walk inside and I take out Noodle's ring from the rectangular box and I put the rectangular box under the bed. I really want to show Russel the ring before I propose. I put the ring in my pocket, I exit my room, and I knock on Russel's door. "Russ, you in here?", I say through the door. "Yeah, hold up", I hear him say over the sound of stuff movin'. He opens the door. "What is it, D?", he asks. "I have to show you somethin'", I explain. "Oh, yeah. Right..", he says as he pokes his head out the door to check the hallway. "Alright, the coast is clear", he says as he moves over to let me in. I walk inside and I stay standin'. Russel closes and locks the door. He sits down on the bed.

"Okay, you got Noodle's ring?", he whispers. "Yeah", I reply as I take the ring and I hand it to Russ. He opens the box and his face fills up with awe. "Damn, this is quite a rock! My baby girl is really in for a huge surprise!", he says. He closes the box and hands it back to me. I put the ring back in my pocket. "Russ, I have somethin' to ask you. Earlier today Noodle got a little too comfortable around me. It really felt like she was tryin' to seduce me or somethin'. I didn't give in to her, of course. Do you maybe have some idea of why she was like that?", I ask with a raised eyebrow. Russ looks at me with a shocked and confused look.

"No, I don't know why... I would say that it's probably her 'time' right now, but that would make no goddamn sense, you know what I mean?", he asks. "Yeah..", I reply. "Well, if you don't know what is up with her, then I'll ask ol' Murdoc of he might have an idea.", I explain to Russ. "Alright, I'll see ya later, D.", he says as I turn around to unlock the door. "See ya", I reply as I exit the room and closin' the door behind me.

I walk down the stairs to see Noodle still sleepin'. I continue walkin' quietly to Murdoc's room and I knock on his door. I wait for a few until Murdoc opens the door. "Oh, hey, 2D. Come inside, I have to tell you somethin'", he says quickly. He grabs my arm and lightly tugs me into the room. He closes the door and looks at me with crossed arms.

"Look, I have to tell you something a bit shocking", he starts to explain. "It's about Noodle, isn't it?", I ask with a stressed palm on my head. "Yeah, how did you know?", he asks. "Well, I have somethin' to ask you about her. Earlier she acted really messed up, and I wanted to know if you knew why", I explain. "That's explains it! You see, earlier today I caught her drinking one of my beers! I tried to get after her, but she didn't seem to care! She most likely acted so odd earlier since she drank before even eating breakfast, AND it's probably her 'time' right now. It's not exactly a good mix to start a morning.", he explains.

I let out a small sigh of relief. "Well, that definitely explains it. My only question is WHY was she drinkin'? I've never seen her drink before in my whole life!", I ask. "There could be a number of reasons...", he trails off ."Well, the only good part about all of this is that she will more than likely not remember the whole scenario, right?", I ask. "I guess she won't...", he replies. "Okay, well I'm off", I say as I open the door to leave. "Yeah, I'll see ya", Murdoc says as he closes the door behind me.

Right as I start walkin' upstairs I feel my empty stomach asking for food. I forgot to eat breakfast because of Noodle. Oh well, now I'm startin' to feel like eatin' cereal.