Chapter One

Helen walks by April’s side as they ascend the hill that leads to the green area by the train station, where they have planned to meet Sam and Helen’s boyfriend James, who luckily, is a friend of Sam’s anyways. As they reach the peak of the hill, and the land turns flat, the image of two tall figures standing beside one of the trees become clear

The old train station is situated a walking distance from the town and is stunning. There is a stone wall surrounding its premises and a long, curvy path, which is lined with beautiful, colourful flowers. There’s a cluster of trees to the left of the entrance and to the right is the old museum, long closed, and the old tracks of the train. All in all, it’s a stunning site and as guessed, a popular and beautiful dating site.

April and Helen chat as they approach the boys. April pulls on the sleeves of her slightly over sized warm grey jumper, making it go off her shoulder slightly. A light pink hue rises to her cheeks as Sam smiles at her. James greets Helen with a kiss and she smiles up at him.

“You look beautiful,” Sam says quietly, smiling shyly at April who blushes and smiles at his compliment.

Seeing Sam shy is a first for April. Sam is the “player” of the school, he isn’t shy, he’s cocky and popular and apparently an ass. He’s on the football team and hangs out with all the girls. But from what April has seen of him, he’s pretty much the opposite.

He seems...almost shy around April. Blushes when she catches him staring, or when he talks to her. She has never seen him blush any other time and she finds it incredibly cute, although, she herself is completely fazed as to why he gets embarrassed, she’s not pretty by any length of the imagination, never mind beautiful.

Which is another reason why his comment confuses April, among other things. Her dull mousy brown hair is too long, and messy, her blue orbs too bright and in April’s opinion, evil looking, like she’s being possessed. Her lips are too big and pouty and her nose is too squished and flat. Her ears stick out of her seemingly plump face. Her long body, April feels, is out of proportion with her legs longer then her torso. Her pear shaped body is unattractive with a tiny waist, big boobs, big hips and a stomach that carries too much fat in April’s eyes, a big ass and leading down into legs that are too long. So, no, all in all April was not beautiful and her opinion of herself is not up to Sam’s apparent “standards”.

April looks up at Sam under her long eyelashes and admires his features. His slanted blue-green eyes are one of April’s favourite features of his, his hair being a close second, the way his curls are always the perfect mix between messy and neat, if that’s even possible, and the way it falls randomly over his face. He isn’t skinny either; he has clear muscle from all his athletics. Basically, to sum it up, he’s gorgeous. Tall, fit and attractive. And yes, basically that’s the description of a player.

“You don’t look half bad yourself,” April replies, that awful laugh escaping her parted lips. Her hand automatically goes up to her mouth. Sam smiles gently and takes a step closer to April, careful not to hurt her, removing her hand from her mouth and intertwining his fingers with hers as he brings it between them.

“You don’t have to do that, your laugh is beautiful,” Sam rests his forehead against April’s. A rush of adrenaline rushes through April as she glances at his lips which are literally inches from her own. He’s so close to her she can feel his breathes on her cheek.

“It’s beautiful and perfect....” it feels like decades before he finishes his sentence, “Like you,” April fights back the urge to beam as her insides explode and butterflies flitter round inside of her.

“Get ready” she thinks “He’s going to kiss you!” She tries to keep her breaths steady. Sam keeps eye contact with her as he leans in. April’s eyes flicker closed as she leans in. As she waits, she begins to wonder what’s taking so long. Her eyes reopen and she looks at Sam’s amused face as he delicately kisses her forehead.