Chapter 7 -Escape- acaciawolves

The next morning Nora immediately jumped out of bed and sprinted for the door. She left the bedroom and ran towards the front door.

Brendon was in the kitchen and saw her run. He quickly ran to her.

"Where are you going!?" He asked blocking her way.

Nora pushed him aside, "I have to leave. I'm to dangerous. I don't want you guys to get hurt."

Nora placed her hand on the pad by the door. It turned red and buzzed. She sighed and turned to look at Brendon.

"Can you just, uh, open the door?" She asked awkwardly.

Brendon nodded and placed his hand on it. It flashed a green light and the door opened.

"Thanks." Nora muttered before running out of the house.

As Nora ran down the maroon streets she quickly caught a glance back of Brandon standing at his doorway. Heart broken.

Nora shook it off. She couldn't get distracted. She needed to escape. She didn't even know why she left in the first place! Her parents taught her about stranger danger!

Her parents...

Nora stopped to catch her breath. She wasn't in the best of shape. Living in the sewers and eating dead animals.

Her parents...

Nora grabbed her forehead. She heard voices begin to ring inside her head.

"Nora! Take this and hide!"

She grabbed her temples and shook her head again.

"Stop!" She yelled aloud.

The ringing seemed to have faded and she opened her eyes slowly. She noticed how many people were staring at her. From on the streets and from the windows of the their dome homes.

Nora awkwardly waved at them before continuing to speed walk down the sidewalk.

When she finally came to one sewage opening she'd never forget, she opened it and silently climbed down.

When she climbed in it finally hit her how bad the stench really was. She plugged her nose.

She looked down the dark path to see a yellow glowing eye coming straight at her. When into the light to figure appeared. It was Demon.

"Demon!" Nora exclaimed before he jumped up onto her chest.

Nora pulled him down and carried him in her arms as she walked down the path. When she got to the trapdoor she immediately got inside. When she entered her small space she began to grab anything she could. Leaning against the wall was a dirty torn backpack. She grabbed it and unzipped it with some difficulty. She grabbed three of her comic books and stuffed them inside. She then took her diary from her pocket and stuffed it inside and same with a pen she kept on her.

Her eyes wandered to the rock where she hid her most precious items under. She slowly lifted and grabbed her mothers locket. She clicked it open and looked at the picture inside. It was now faded and had grubby little spots on it.

She flicked it shut quickly and put it around her neck. She next grabbed Demon and put him inside the backpack. He looked at Nora.

"Sorry bud, but we've got to go." Nora said to him.

She then slowly put the backpack on her back and climbed out of her hidden home.

She stood up and dusted off her new pair of clothes. She took a deep breath of the gross air.

"This is it." She said to herself before she began walking down the sewage path.

As she climbed the ladder out of the sewers she pushed open the lid and climbed out. But before she could even close it up someone grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Nora!" A familiar voice yelled.

She almost screamed as she spun around to face the voice. It was Brandon.

"Brandon!" She gasped, "You scared the life out of me!"

Brandon shrugged, "Sorry."

Demon hissed and swiped his claws at Brandon from over Nora's shoulder.

"Down boy." She said patting Demon's head.

Demon hissed once again before settling down.

Nora turned to attention back to Brandon, "Why are you here?" She asked.

Her eyes then wandered and she noticed he was wearing a backpack also.

He sighed and smiled slightly, "I'm coming with you, Nora."