1| A kiss that never happened.

❝ Sometimes I need a break from
my own thoughts. ❞

C H A P T E R
O N E

✘✘✘
V I O L E T

“Do you Park Jimin take, Violet             Jefferson as your lawfully wedded wife?”asks the priest, his voice rubbling like a faraway thunder. As I felt my heart clenching, by every passing second. 

        I look at the man, who I was to get married he stood there with strong shoulders and stiff posture. His eyes stared blankly, and I could tell that he was not happy from this marriage, so was I. But, he had a choice to refuse, but for me this was my only way to escape from my bitter past. I loved my family too much, not to let them have this chance, and his mother she has been good to us, she took care of us. And when she asked to be a wife to her son. I wasn't sure how to deny her, we owed a lot to the Parks.

And this was how I was repaying them by marrying their son.

       “I do,”he says in a stern voice, any girl would feel happy by hearing these  words but for me his words were like knives that cut deeper into my soul. Slaughtering my any hopes for a different life.

          “Do you, Violet Jefferson take Park Jimin to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward,”the priest asks me, turning everyone's attention towards me.

“I do,”the undesirable words split out my tongue, even if I know he will never love me and I can never have him. I flickered my eyes open, and then stared back at my hands that held the flowers.

        “I now announce you man and wife.  You may kiss the bride,” he says and everyone cheers ,waiting for the newly wedded couple to kiss.

I look at the man I just married. I wouldn't say he wasn't good looking. He was anything but unpleasant, he was stoic but not dull. He was appealing but not full. But then my choice of men didn't matter, he was now husband. We were bounded for life.

          He lifts my veil, as I nervously glance at the man before me, and immediately regret my choice, a shaky breath escapes my lips as I stared back feeling all sorts of various emotions playing with my thoughts, but then even in my befuddled state I couldn't help but notice the long look across his face, I knew what that look was, it was a look of defeat. Jimin, was feeling defeated, he never wanted to marry a girl like me. And just thought of that shattered, all my hopes of finding happiness with him.

    I was so occupied with my thoughts that I whimpered, when his hand went at the back of my head, the other resting on my waist, as he leans closer his hot breath hits against my cheeks. Making me close my eyes, as I waited to feel his lips, but the kiss never happened, his lips never touched mine, this was an act,  he made it seem like we kissed but in reality nothing happened.

This would have been a disgrace to any woman who was rejected by her husband on her wedding, but I was glad that he didn't kiss me. How could he when, he doesn't desire me. I believe that a kiss was an intimate act, and should occur between who have great, love and respect for each other. I do respect for whatever he has done for his family, but I do not love him.