Chapter One-Drive

A rapid buzzing sound emitted from my alarm clock and woke me quite abruptly. My eyes fluttered open and I blinked a few times at the blurry red numbers on the clock as my eyes situated to the time. 6:57 it read. My eyes widened in horror. I was going to be late!

"Oh god!" I screamed as a rush of adrenaline and fear overcame my body. I jumped up from my desk causing a textbook to come crashing down on my toe. "AH!" I screeched as I hopped around holding my toe. "Fudge! God I hate everything!" I screamed trying to limp over to my bathroom. I angrily hopped into the shower and began to brush my teeth with enough force to break the toothbrush...this was definitely not going to be the best day. My teachers to decided band together to make my life even more miserable than usual and gave me a major project or essay in each of my classes. On top of that I also have midterms coming up and I hadn't even begun to study yet. Oh, and I can't forget my bridesmaid fitting that I have tonight for my brothers wedding with that a stone cold woman he called his fiancé. I had run out of chances to skip the dress fitting and the wedding was a mere two weeks away and if I didn't make it out of the house before 7:30, I wouldn't have a dress to wear in time. However, despite all of the things I have to do, I'm still here standing underneath a seemingly broken shower head with ice cold water pouring down on me and my broken toes. Suddenly my phone began to ring and I couldn't even roll my eyes hard enough. I stormed out quickly and struggled to keep my towel on as I answered the phone. 

"Hello?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"CHARLOTTE!" My best friend Bridgette exclaimed. "I'VE GOT TEA TO SPILL!"

I giggled. If there was anyone I could stand in the morning, it was Bridgette. "Ooh, girl! Spill!" I replied giddily as I slipped into a pair dark blue jeans and plain white sweater. She began to quickly drone on about a new mysterious boy she had recently met and was planning to take to my brother Stephen's wedding. "Look, I've got to go soon but I'm excited for you to ask him—what's his name again?"

"Derek." She replied. "He's Jackson's older brother." 

I sighed. "I'm glad you're done with him. You deserved to move on from someone so horrible, you deserve the world and anything less is unacceptable." She fell silent for a few seconds. "Bridgette?" I asked. "You okay?"

"Thanks." She sniffled. "It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I'm glad I did because he would've destroyed me. I'm glad you helped me the entire way too."

"Of course, that's what best friends are for." I replied in understanding. "See you at school, okay? Love you sister!" I replied bidding my farewell.

"Love you to Charlie girl! See you soon!" She chirped before hanging up. I set my phone down and slipped into my black boots and grabbed my backpack and phone. I struggled a down the stairs as I held onto the several other things I needed to bring along with me today. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa kiddo!" My brother Stefan intruded from behind me. "You've got quite the load ther, let me help!"

"Ugh, thank you." I said as I handed him my purse and laptop. We walked into the kitchen and I dropped my backpack onto the floor and rolled my wet hair into a slick bun. "I want you to know that I'm considering dropping out. College isn't that appealing anymore."

Stefan laughed. "You should've dropped out in high school then. No point in working so hard to get such a good school to only drop out." He turned around and handed me a muffin. "Besides, if that's tough then imagine dealing with the real world." 

"You say that whenever I complain about anything. The real world isn't all that tough you know." 

"That's cause you're a kid Charlie."