Three: Messy

You Found Me - Chapter Three: Messy

Before I could ask any real tough questions about what the heck was going on the warning bell rang. Bianca took this as her chance to escape and mumbled something incoherent before rushing away from us in such a fast walk I was surprised she didn't start sprinting. I watched her go silently with wide eyes, too astonished to say anything.

"I didn't expect her to start avoiding me that quick." Henry said from his place beside me, the sick amusement in his voice clear. I turned to face him with an irritated expression on my face.

"What the hell did you do to my best friend?" Henry looked towards me with a raised eyebrow. Probably upon noticing the accusatory tone I was using.

"Maybe you should ask your best friend that. Funny you should call her that if she's keeping secrets like what happened between us from you." He retorted with a shrug. If I agreed with violence I would have smacked him, but I don't and I'm awfully weak anyways. It would've probably had no effect.

"Trust me I plan on finding out as soon as possible." I took a step towards him and gave him a look that I hope was menacing enough to shake him up a little as I continued. "And if I found out you did something to mess her up you'll be sorry." Okay, so that threat was a completely empty one but he didn't have to know that.

He probably did however because he simply gave me the once over before letting out an amused chuckle. He took a step closer and leaned down so that he was closer to my height. I had to hold back a nervous gulp.

"Is that right, Page?" He was smirking at me, his eyes looking at me in a way that expressed he did not take my threat seriously...like at all. I had to keep up pretenses though, this was my best friend we were talking about here.

"Yes," I replied, thankful my voice didn't tremble. "I don't like people messing with people I care about...Hart."

"That's cute," He said, the smirk never leaving his face, "Maybe I'm not messing with anything. Ask her."

Folding my lips, I couldn't think of a retaliation. Annoyingly so, he was right. I needed to ask Bianca myself.

"What are you guys still doing out here? Did you not here the warning bell?!" Miss Shapen's shrill voice scolded us. That's when I realised I was late and gasped.

Me. Charlotte Page. Late!

I glanced at Henry and he looked less than bothered at this new information. This delinquent was going to bring me down with him if I wasn't careful.

-X-

"I can't believe you got detention, Char," Jasper decided to remind me for the fifth time as we walked into the cafeteria. It was lunch, and I still couldn't live it down that I would have detention later this afternoon. All because I had got distracted talking to Henry. He was already turning into the bane of my existence.

"Jasper, please. I don't want to even think about it." I glanced around the room, surprised to see Bianca at our usual table. She looked uncomfortable, her head down as she moved food around her plate with her fork.

Wasting no more time, I walked over to my best friend, dumped my tray of food on the table and sat down dramatically; making my presence known. Jasper eyed me like I was crazy before sitting down next to me.

"H-hey guys," She greeted us timidly. "Good day so far?"

"Charlotte got detention," Jasper said, as if this was the most far-fetched thing he'd ever heard in his entire life. Bianca raised an eyebrow and turned to me. "Is he kidding?"