Yes, Captain

"Firstly," she begins staring hard at me. "We can have those shackles removed."

"Em!" Beth protests.

"I don't think they're necessary with his tracking chip installed. And we're all alert. I'm expect Edward will keep a sharp eye on him."

"Oh you can count on it." he locks eyes on mine that seem to pry into my very soul. What the hell? He's merely a boy. They may have me in their grasp now...

The iron girl sighs and walks forward, unclasping my shackles.

...I'm patient. I can cooperate for now until the proper time...

"Thank you," I rub my wrists and give Beth a smile that she rolls her dark eyes at.

"He needs more instruction then that," Edward protests. "Give him rules and all of us are ready to strangle the breath out of him should he even suggest breaking one of them."

I smiled at Thor's son, taking a casual seat on a post sticking up from the street. "I love you too, nephew."

My irony is waisted on his proud somber face.

Emily sighs at Edward, then marches up to me.

I can almost feel her uncertainty resonating from her soul and her bravery to cover it.

Pointing a finger at me she speaks evenly. "You must never leave our sight. I'm assigning Edward and Lucy to guard you at all times. You may not go anywhere without their express permeation."

Damn.

I would love to stay with you darling... The thought chokes me, and I know words won't avail me, but I can't keep my eyes from speaking and hers speak back with uncomfortable firmness. I don't know if she knows what mine are saying, but I read hers clearer then words on a page: "No Loki, no. I'm begging you to cooperate, for my friends..."

Damn your friends.

"Please don't hurt me-"

I would NEVER hurt you dear...

"For my family-"

Child- my child- family is a cold bloody lie-

But even after all that I promise to cooperate, and the worst part is I almost mean it. Damn damn damn.

When she can't stand our visual conversation any longer, she looks sharply to the side and walks away.

I never take my smile off of her as she walks back to her little club of superhuman friends and my niece and nephew walk up to me and pull my arms, taking me to wherever their captain instructs.

Emily takes one questioning glance over her shoulder at me and I revel in her pain. Call me sadistic, but it's not that. It's just that there is something, if only fear, for now, that keeps me in her thoughts...