Chapter 1

This story has been totally dead, I wrote the first two chapters and haven't even read over it since 2007. Then I visit my cousin, she mentions this Egyptian offshoot of the Percy Jackson books. It's like the mere mention of Egypt activated Ahkmenrah's tablet on the long dead plot bunny and it started chewing on my brain. I never had and never planned to post this online because I thought it was dead. Within a week I had a couple more chapters and a few later scenes written then the flash drive with the only updated copy of it died, so I had to start all over with the 2007 version, but it's still very much alive. After a month's it's already at 100 pages. As this was written in 2007 and I don't feel like trying to fit it in with the sequels, plus there were so many contradictions in the 2nd and 3rd that I would have gone crazy trying to fit them all together to make sense, this story is set after the first movie and ignores the sequels except for a few little things.

Also in the first movie they never specified when everything came to life and on the bonus features DVD menu it had a clock that showed midnight and the real museum closes at 5:45, but the sun sets around 4:30 in winter, so until the later movies and when I started writing this story I thought it was midnight when everything comes to life and I need the time between closing and everything waking up for a few of the scenes to work.

May smiled as she walked up the stairs of the American Museum of Natural History. It had been one month since she had started working there in the museum library and it seemed like the perfect job to her. She was surrounded by history, only had to deal with the few people who came into the library instead of the crowds that came to see the exhibits. Plus she could spend her breaks looking around the museum or practicing reading the hieroglyphs in the ancient Egypt exhibit.

As she got to the door, Larry the night guard was just coming out.

"Hi Larry, have you heard anything from Rebecca lately?" she asked.

"She has about half a dozen towns she still has book signings in before she'll be coming home and she keeps getting asked to do more," Larry told her.

"Well it's a good book, she did really well with it, sometimes it sounds like she was there to witness it all happening. She has so much information that I've never read anywhere else before, it's just an amazing book."

"Yes and she's an amazing women too I just wish she didn't have to spend so long on the book signing tour."

"Don't worry, she'll be home in a few weeks and then you two can start planning your wedding." May pointed out.

Larry smiled and said, "Yes, when I started working here I never thought it would make such a difference in my life. Getting this job was one of the best things that has ever happened to me," he glanced at his watch and said, "You had better get in there before you're late. I'll see you around."

"See you later, have a nice day."

"You have a nice day too." he told her then headed down the stairs and May headed in to the museum.

May had just gotten to the stairs when she heard tires screeching and people yelling. She ran back to the entrance and was horrified to see Larry lying in the road, one leg twisted at an odd angle and his head bleeding. She yelled to the person at the front desk to call an ambulance and ran out. Luckily there was a doctor in one of the cars that had stopped and he was checking on Larry.

May noticed a little girl who looked about two or three with skinned up knees and hands, crying and clinging to her mother. The mother had tears running down her face too.

"What happened?" May asked the mother.

"My daughter's puppy got off of its leash and ran across the street, before I knew what was happening she ran after it and in front of a car. That man ran out and knocked her out of the way but he couldn't get out of the way fast enough. He saved her life and he could end up dying," she told her.