Chapter 1

-Chapter 1

"Woo-hoo! Let's get this party started!" My younger sister, Lindsey, shouts loudly

"Woo-hoo! Let's get this party started!" My younger sister, Lindsey, shouts loudly. "Can you believe that we have the rest of the day to ourselves? Mom and dad are stupid for leaving us for a day. They should have hired someone to watch over us. I'm ready to get all the fun started."

"Lindsey, keep your screeching down," I order, shaking my head as I keep my eyes on the road. "We will not be alone for a long time, remember? They're coming back in a few hours and we have to pick them up at the airport."

"You're such a buzz kill, Amy," she replies, laughing. "You need to lighten up and learn to live a little. How about we go and do something fun to loosen you up?"

Lindsey lives in her perfect little world most of the time. She's always imaging what it would be like to walk the red carpets or to own her own makeup line. She probably thinks about it a lot because she is the kind of girl Hollywood loves to have in it. Blonde, pretty, and a future bombshell.

"I don't need to loosen up. I need to drive."

I'm always getting stuck watching her and I hate dealing with her constant 'I want to have fun' personality. We're the exact opposite of each other, which probably shocks her friends once they meet me. I'm the kind of girl who wants to stay inside and learn more about this universe from books. I love being within the safety of the house walls.

"If I promise that this will be the only crazy thing we do today, will you lighten up?" Lindsey asks me. Earlier today, I promised to take her shopping. So, I'm doing that right now.

"Why would I need you to make a promise?" I look over at her quickly and back at the road, pressing down on the brakes. Why do people randomly stop on the road? Nothing is on it so get driving!

"I promise not to do anything crazy today as long as we go shopping." What is going through her mind right now? "Oh, turn once you get up to the light. Then you have to turn left so we can get into the mall parking lot."

"I know how to get to the mall. I'm not uncool." No, I look uncool in society's eyes.

I slow down as we approach the light and I look over to the right. I turn on the turn signal and turn to the right. Now, let's hurry up and get to the mall so I can get my parents and get rid of Lindsey!

"You look so serious when you're driving."

"Driving is a serious thing. Take care of your own life and someone else's life. This is a huge responsibility and you will have to have it once I am no longer with you. You still only have your temps," I reply, looking at her for a second. "I will turn now."

I put the turn signal on and turn left, going into the mall parking lot. The malls are getting emptier and emptier as times goes on. People are way too lazy to go out and shop. I understand because I hate going out into the world but I rather shop in a store than online. I can't trust what people are selling online. I could end up with something that makes me look like a space blob.