Love on the High Seas- Chapter Two

Okay so this is the second chapter of this story, it might be kinda short but I thought it was a good part to end. Also, can I please get some comments, I don't care much about votes right now (although it would still be great) but I'd like to know what you guys think so even if it's something really short like "I like it" or even "I don't like it" please comment. It would mean a lot to me! Well, I'll just get on to the story now!

Chapter Two

Kidnapped by pirates....that was the only thought that ran through my head as I sat on the deck and looked out at the ocean. In a way I got the one thing I'd always dreamed of....freedom, but of course that had to come with a drawback.

I don't know exactly how long I sat there thinking over my situation before I decided I might as well get up. I held on to the side of the ship and pulled myself up, trying to get used to the swaying of the ship. Gosh.....it didn't seem that hard in movies, but here now I understand the phrase getting your sea legs. I gripped the side and held on for who knows how long, just getting used to the feelings that are so much different than when on land. When I finally turned around, I noticed that I had somehow managed to draw a rather large group.

All the men who had been previously working on deck were now gathered around me with smirks on their faces. Their ages ranged from younger than me to late fifties maybe early sixties. And though I hated to admit it, after all these men had kidnapped me, but some were quite handsome. One of the men stepped forward. He was tall and big, really big. I took a cautious step backwards before running into the siding again, stupid side rail thing.

"Now, now girly, that's no way to treat the man who carried you all the way up here," his voice was rough and deep. He was rather handsome with dark brown hair and was wearing nothing other than loose fitting blue jeans.

I was at a loss for words and could do nothing other than stand there with wide eyes.

"Aw, what's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" he took another step towards me getting even closer, and he had this sly grin on his face like he knew something I didn't. "Well, with what I'm thinking of doing," he said as he stepped right up to me now. He put his hands on either side of me against the railing and leaned in, his mouth right next to my ear he whispered, "you won't have to do any talking with that pretty little mouth of yours. But, I can think of one thing you can do with it."

If possible, my eyes got even bigger, this time with fear. I heard his deep menacing laugh then felt him roughly grab my hips and pull me towards him. All the other men began laughing and whistling. Then a low voice managed to break through all the commotion and soon quieted everyone.

"Let her go James, you wouldn't want the captain to see you harassing his....guest," the voice was calm and smooth, yet also deadly serious at the same time.

I looked out into the crowd of men to see who my savior was. When no one stepped forward I began to get nervous once again. I was afraid 'James' wouldn't listen and continue doing to me what I knew he so wanted to do. But James wasn't even looking at me, he was looking towards my left. He had an expression that showed how upset he was but also how afraid he was. His grip on my hips loosened until he completely released me and took a few steps back.

I looked towards my left, hoping to see who had saved me from something I'm sure I would have not enjoyed in the least. There, coming down a set a stairs on the side was a boy.....man. My eyes landed on his shoes first and made their way up. He had on a pair of boots, going up I could see a pair of dark faded blue jeans hung low on a set of hips. Next, was a black button down shirt the top couple buttons undone. I saw broad shoulders and big arms. Not freakishly huge like James but a nice size still. I didn't focus on his face but instead looked at his hair. It was a dark blonde, light brown color. Long in front so it came just above his eyes and it had that sexy just-got-out-of-bed-look to it. When I looked fully at his face, I gasped out loud and more than one head turned to look at me.

I recognized that face. I would recognize it anywhere I went. I saw it almost every night in my dreams. This boy was the same boy from my dreams. The same one that looked deep into my eyes and smiled the most beautiful smile imaginable, the same one that told me I had to leave this ship.

But how was that even possible? It was just a dream. Just something I made up subconsciously because I was lonely and wanted to know someone cared about me for more than a way to get ahead in life.

"Get back to work everyone, now," his voice was still calm but had a big impact on the men standing around me because soon enough they all scurried away.

My eyes then returned to the man standing on the stairs. He was looking around the deck at all the men working. I'm assuming to make sure they do their work. I know it's really rude to stare at someone, but I mean when you just realize your dream guy is actually real and standing right in front of your eyes, you can't help but stare. He kept scanning the deck, but then turned completely and his eyes met mine. We both just stared at each other for a heartbeat's time. His face didn't show any emotion, while I'm sure mine was a mixture of shock and awe. I started getting that nervous feeling down in my stomach, and it wasn't uncomfortable. It actually made me sort of......excited. Our staring lasted another second before his eyes darkened for some unknown reason and he scowled before turning and walking back up the stairs.

Okay, what was that? I mean sure maybe, just maybe I shouldn't have just stood there staring at him. But really, what was with the mean expressions? Also, why do I care so much? It's not like I like the guy. Heck, I don't even know him. Then why did I get that tingly feeling in my stomach as I was watching him. And, what going on with my weird emotions right now. I should want to get away from this ship and people as soon as possible. But I don't. I want to stay. Before now I would have thought that was because I loved the freedom and I was getting my dream of being on the ocean. And that may still be partly it, but I have a feeling deep in my gut that this is more about the mystery boy that just walked up those stairs.