0 | Prologue

Nova's POV (Won't change very much for future reference)

"I love how you have such big dreams, bro." I smiled as he gave me a slight glare.

"I've worked all summer for this. Can't you be a little supportive of me?" He finished his Lacrosse stick as he went over to the doorway to finish his chin ups.

"I'm just saying," I laid on my brother's bed as I heard him wash his face. "Besides I think I'm going to tryout-"

"Shh." Scott looked at me with concern as he grabbed his bat. "Stay behind me." Every whim \wanted to disagree, but the ere feeling stopped me from doing so. We walked around the corner of our house as I heard a soft rustling near our house. Scott lifted his bat to see stiles, we all three screamed at each other.

"Stiles what the hell are you doing!?" Scott yelled as he lowered the bat.

"You weren't answering your phone. Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator." Scott spoke as he took a deep breath.

"Your just lucky I didn't flat out punch you." I smirked as they both looked at me. Stiles rubbed it off as he continued.

"Look I know it's late but you've got to hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago, dispatch called. There bringing in every officer from the beacon department and state police."

"For what?" Scott and I said in unison.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles jumped down and looked at Scott.

"A dead body?" Scott asked looking over the edge of the porch at Stiles.

"No a body of water, yes dumb ass a dead body." He lifted himself up onto the porch.

"You mean liked murdered?" I asked looking at Stiles.

"Nobody knows yet, just that it was a girl probably in her 20's." Stiles answered.

"Hold on if they found the body then what are they looking for." My brother answered my own question.

"That's the best part. They only found half," Stiles voice raised on half as in he was excited. "Were going, all three of us." He glanced between us. I rolled my eyes.

"You'll get to deal with me tomorrow morning when I become the beast." I sighed as Stiles and Scott exchanged looks as we walked to Stiles' jeep.

~ ~ ~

The conversation to the preserve was just as blunt as it was talking to stiles about the body. Just repeated and learning new information. As we pulled up to the entrance we all three got out as Stiles held out his flashlight and walked in.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott questioned as I was squished in between both going into the dark forest.

"You're always bitching nothing ever happens in this town." He pointed the flashlight into the woods.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott complained as I looked behind to see him.

"Right cuz sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles said sarcastically as I held back a laugh.

"No because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said his breath was starting to get faster.

"Eh that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream. Even a pathetically unrealistic one." Stiles said as I laughed with him.

"That's what I said!" I said as Stiles looked behind to give me a high five.

"At least your sister sees this is ever going to happen." I looked behind to see Scott sigh defeated.