1 | Chapter One

1 | Chapter One

I woke up to my alarm and a text from Stiles.

"What the hell happened to him?" I ignored Stiles' text as I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. I was too lazy to take one last night so I decided to take one this morning.

After I came out of the shower I changed into jeans, a nice blue shirt and some vans. I put on some light makeup to cover up that I was only able to have a few hours of sleep. I walked out of the bathroom to meet Scott.

"Good morning, how was your night?" I questioned as he seemed to hesitate on what to say.
"It was a night of walking through the woods to get back to the house." He sounded tired. I just gave him a hug.

"I'm glad you made it home." He winced at my sudden touch but gave me a hug.

"I've got to get ready." He said bluntly as I nodded and walked downstairs.

~

Once we arrived too school, we parked our bikes and I chained ours up as I watched a man pull in with a nice grey Porche, Jackson Whitmore. He opened his door and hit Scott, receiving a glare from Jackson.

"Dude, Watch the paint job." Jackson looked at Scott as I rolled my eyes.

"Yo, Jackson, let's go bro!" I heard someone yell as I mentally sighed of relief. I looked over to see that we caught up with Stiles.

"Let's see this thing." Scott and I looked at Stiles as Scott lifted his shirt to reveal a nasty looking bite.

"It was too dark to see much but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott said as we started walking towards school.

"A wolf bit you?" Stiles questioned, Scott nodded. "Not a chance."

"I heard a wolf howling."

"No you didn't."

"What do you mean I didn't how do you know what I heard." Both bickered as I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Because California doesn't have wolves, they have been extinct for over 60 years." I looked between the two as I received wide eyes from the two boys between me. "What? I did a research paper back in freshman English."

"Really?" Scott questioned as Stiles nodded.

"There are no wolves in California." Stiles finished as we stopped by the door.

"If you won't believe me about the wolves then you defiantly not going to believe me about the body." Scott said with a sigh, grabbing onto his backpack straps.

"You found the body?" I asked as Stiles jumped in front of Scott with his hand up stopping him.

"Are you kidding me?" Stiles questioned with a bit of sarcasm lacing his voice.

"No, I wish. I'm going to have nightmares for a month." Scott trailed off.

"That is freaking awesome, I mean that's going to be the best thing that's happened here since, since the birth of Lydia Martin-" Stiles trailed off looking in the direction of the hottest females of this school. The famous Lydia Martin. The only girl Stiles has had a crush on since fifth grade. "Hey Lydia, you look, like your ignoring me." I mentally laughed as I saw the frustration on his face as he turned back to us. "You are the cause of this," He pointed to Scott as Stiles then pointed to me. "And you should be helping me gain my popularity." I rolled my eyes as I pat his back.

"You're talking to the most unpopular girl in school and to be honest I blame both of you for my low status." I stuck my tongue out at the two boys as I walked into school and walked to my first class, AP Biology.

~

I walked into the preserve with my backpack as I sat down on the bridge and started my biology homework. Why am I here you ask?

It's homely.

I get everything I have to do done here. I always do. When I have a bad day or I just need some space from everyone I just come and clear my mind. Especially after practice today. Scott and Stiles seemed to be more distant than usual.

~Flashback 3rd Person POV~

Nova wanted some answers. There was no way Scott became that good at Lacrosse, he barely did much over the summer and he expected to make first line? This was not right. Nova looked between Scott and Stiles as they made awkward eye contact with each other.

"Please tell me this is important, I've got homework to attend too." Nova said with her arms crossed and a death glare was visible between the two.

"Um, I can-"

"Apparently when you were over at your friend's house you missed when I was training with Stiles." Scott said as Stiles looked at him with both an impressed and a What-are-you-doing face.

"Yeah, I remember we asked if you wanted to come hang out and you said you were always busy." Crap, Nova couldn't believe they remembered her friend from Europe, Ariss, that came over this past summer. She was an exchanged student that transferred their freshman year, Scott had a bit of a crush on her, but he was too socially awkward never got the chance to ask.

"You win this round, but I know that's not the case. You both should know that I always find out, whether it's from either you or from someone else." Nova threatened with a death glare that the boys should be glad looks couldn't kill. Scott knew she would find out, but he didn't want to drag her into his mess. Nova already dealt and helped with mom to make sure we could support ourselves. Scott helped also by working for the vet, but it seemed her sister was so far ahead of him. She had better grades, still managed to make it to cross country and basketball practices, work 3-5 hours a day, and maintain a 3.0 grade point average. He didn't want to add more stress to her, and risk lowering her grades. Stiles however knew what was going on with Scott's sister and sadly didn't want to include her either. He had a soft spot for her that he didn't want to admit because that would put a wrinkle in his and Scott's relationship. They were best friends, and throughout knowing each other, he knew how protective he was of his little sister. He beat up her ex-boyfriend once he learned he was cheating on her with another girl in their class. She was devastated and Scott just went at the guy. He may have asthma, but he was not going to let his sister cry about him.

The two boys watched as Nova walked out of the locker room. Both boys knew where she would end up, the Preserve. They would find her later, after she cooled off for a bit. They wanted to go find Scott's inhaler. They would tell her, but they would make sure she was ready to hear it.

~

I must've lost track of time because I realized I drifted off after I finished homework. I grabbed my stuff as I looked up at the moon. It was so pretty and slightly mesmerizing. I packed my stuff into my backpack as I started walking down the path that headed back to my house. I snapped my head towards the direction of a stick breaking in the distance. My eyes landed onto two red orbs staring right at me. I let out a scream as I tripped onto a tree root landing hard onto the dirt.

It happened so fast. One moment this gigantic wolf looking thing was on top of me. The next I was bitten on my arm trying to move or push myself away from the beast. Next thing I knew I was starting into the eyes of a handsome blue eyes man.

"Are you okay?" he looked genuinely concerned. He looked back down the path as I noticed the beast was no where to be seen.

"Y-Yeah I'm oka-" I held my head in pain. "What was that thing?" The man looked at me as I felt myself drift in and out of consciousness. The only thing I could remember was falling into someone's arms and everything went black.

================================================================================

Pretty sure everyone can guess who that dark, tall and handsome man is :D

Anyway there is another update and I hoped to get another one up soon.

Thanks guys