04 - Letter that Answers All

"The book will answer all my questions... he said."

I looked at that book, it's a journal. Honestly, this book is acctually gorgeous. The cover is made from black-brown leather decorated with golden colored words. The pages are made from the highest quality paper too, but... this book is so ragged that you can't acctually call it gorgeous now. Just how old is this book?

I slipped open the first page, and then something like a letter fell down. I picked it up and read it carefully.

Dear Lily,
How are you?
I'm Crocus, your brother. The name Gustav is just an alias. I'm sorry for tricking you.

I'm here to tell you the truth about everything, and about this world too.

Lily, mom and dad has already passed away. And i also want to apologize for leaving you behind, abandoning you in some village. That's what me and our parents decided. We're from the Snowdrop Village. Which is already burned down now. Snowdrop means hope, do remember it, okay? Whatever the situation is, don't forget to always keep hope in your heart.

Our family is from a special bloodline. We're supposed to bear a heavy burden. That's why we left you alone in that village, we want you to feel happiness. At least before you're fifteen. We want you to be happy at least in your childhood.

What is this 'burden'?
I bet you'd ask that. Like i said, we're from a special bloodline. Our race is small and always close to extinction. But we bear a heavy burden. A burden to protect this world from being eaten by sadness.

The outside world is far worse than inside this little world, this village, this little mountain. It's full of conflict, hatred and envy, which then leads to war. And of course it results in sadness.

In this messed up world, it's our job to keep those negative emotions in check. We need to control this world, to prevent it from self-destruction. To do that, we also need to understand the feeling of hatred and sadness. That's why i did all of this to you. Oh, but i didn't burn your village, okay? It was burned down in a war just as i was going to greet your parents there secretly. (I was going to thank them for taking care of you).

Most of the people from our bloodline died because they can't bear the negative feelings. Just imagine that you won't ever be happy for the rest of your like. Because you have to oversee all of the negative things in this world.

Our parents died while doing their job. There are only you and me left in our race now. Everyone died one by one. I've been doing this all by myself until now, but i can't do it anymore. You know, Lily, even if you didn't kill me, I'd be dead in less than a day. I have already exhausted all of my strength. That's why I'm sorry, Lily, I have to ask you to do this. You need to observe, oversee this rotten world.

Our bloodline have a good recoverability, we have long life spans too. Though everyone just went and died in a hundred years. Acctually, we can life up to a thousand years, you know? And oh yeah, i said I'm your brother but we're acctually a hundred years apart. Our parents were the elder of the bloodline, they lived a long life and they died while full filling their duty. That's why it's our job to continue protecting this world. Even if this world seems like it's covered in hatred and sadness. There must be a happy life that shines brightly somewhere. It's our job to find and protect it.

Oh yeah, I wonder if you realized it. Our bodies won't get older after 15 years old. We will always have the body of an 15 years old teenanger until the day we die. We don't really know the specific reason for this but, It think it's related to our long live spans. Well, you know we're from a special race.

You must be worried. But it's okay Lily, you're the strongest Elic (the name of our race) ever born. Your strengths surpass many others.

Remember my words, Lily. Keep believing in this world, and one day the savior of this world will come. To bring this world to salvation. That savior would always smile and not give in to sadness. While going through all kinds of problems, he will shine and brings happiness to everyone. That's what the legend of our bloodline says. This legend is passed down verbally from one generation to another. Be sure to tell this to your descendant too, okay?

Good luck Lily, we may be not with you but, me and all of our ancestors are fighting with you too. We're always in your heart. You can speak to us in the space between our hearts.

We love you Lily.

With hope and love,
From you big brother, Crocus.

(06/03/17XX)

***

When I finished reading that, tears overflow from my eyes again. But it's different from before, it looks as if the waterfall itself is crying. I continued to flip page by page.

As my brother said, that book also have many kinds of information regarding Elic, and a through guide to 'observe' this world.

After that, somehow I was able to view many kinds of scenes from all across the world. It looks like being 15 years old and knowing the truth are the triggers to activate this power. My feelings are still complicated but I made my vow. That is to do my job fully-- to protect this world.

I also realized about the 'space between my hearts' that brother spoke of. It feels like I'm inside a different dimension. I also meet and spoke with many of my ancestors there. I heard the full story of this world, since the first ancestor. The story of the creation of this world, it's history, until now, the present.

Who knows what possibility the future holds for us, that's why we need to oversee and continue to protect this world. I'm not doing this alone, we all are protecting this world together. Our flesh might not be there, but our hearts are always together.

• The End •