❃That's What Love Feels Like❃

_______

From the moment I laid eyes upon those beautiful hazel irises filled with wonder and light, I knew there was something about him. He was truly a sight. Such fragile beauty he held. Those hazel eyes held stories. He was breathtakingly beautiful with his raven coloured locks, soft, untouched, porcelain skin and soft pink tinted lips. When I laid eyes upon him, it felt like everything around me abruptly paused. It felt like a cheesy scene from a novel, where the protagonist describes their first kiss as time-stopping. That's how it felt. In my eyes, he was an angel from the heavens, blessed by the Lord himself.  

I didn't realise how long I had been staring at him like a crazed school girl gushing over her crush. He noticed me staring, turned his head and locked gaze. His beautiful, angel-kissed lips turned upwards in a warm smile. An angel was smiling at me. Sparks erupted through my veins, blood rushed to my cheeks and butterflies flapped their wings gracefully in my stomach. I smiled back. 

 He broke eye contact and turned away. I knew I couldn't give this opportunity up. This was fate, I knew. I walked over to where he was standing outside a cafe. I gently tapped his shoulder. He turned around and smiled that beautiful smile. I didn't know what to say, but I had to say something. I spoke: "You're beautiful."  He seemed surprised by my sudden words. Colour tinted his cheeks. He smiled, his teeth showing. He thanked me. His voice was soft, calm, and he had a small Jersey accent. 

We introduced ourselves, and exchanged numbers. Time gradually moved along, and with each passing day, my love for him grew stronger and stronger. I didn't know how he felt about me, we hadn't discussed what we meant to each other. Friends? Good friends?  

Months had passed, and I couldn't take it anymore. One rainy night, we were laying on my couch, watching some reality show on television and mocking it. I gently took his face in my hands and turned him toward me. His eyes searched my face in confusion. I leaned in and gently placed my lips on his. He melted into the gesture, wrapping his arms around my neck with a feather-light touch. After we pulled away, I rested my head against his forehead and whispered: "I love you."  He smiled and whispered: "I love you, too."     

  Days, months, and years went by. Every second I spent with him. Nothing else mattered to us but the time we spent together. I knew we were meant to be. We are soulmates, drawn in by fate. I love him, and he loves me. From the moment I first saw him, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, giving him the love and affection he deserves. 

_

He had his face cutely pressed against the window. He excitedly said: "It's snowing!" I smiled at his pureness and gazed out the window. Sure enough, snow was falling in the night air. The street lamps casted light. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, and said: "Let's go out, then, my love." He agreed. I slipped on my fingerless gloves, and put on my jacket. I passed him his jacket, and intertwined my hand with his. I opened the door, and we stepped out into the night. We walked until we stopped and sat down on an empty, snow-covered bus bench. A street lamp casted light upon us. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me, inhaling his scent. I pulled away, leaving him confused. I smiled gently and held his hands in my gloved ones, rubbing circles with the pads of my thumbs. I dug into the pocket of my jacket and took out a box. I had been waiting for the right time to do this, and now is a perfect opportunity took a deep breath and looked into his eyes.

"I love you. I've loved you from the moment I first laid eyes upon you. I knew you were special. I knew we were meant to be.  You're so beautiful and unique, and you don't even realise just how angelic you are. I love everything about you. Everything. Your smile, your laugh, your gentleness, your loving heart, your kindness-everything. I love how your eyes seem to sparkle whenever you talk about something you love. I've never loved anyone since I first saw you. I cherish every second we've spent together. I truly do. I fucking love you, so much. Out of the people in the world, you chose me. And I can't tell you how grateful I am that you did. You're one of a kind, you know that? Being with you, being able to spend every second of my life with you is a blessing. I'd be nothing without you. I used to be alone, until you came into my life. I love you so much, never ever forget that. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, you've gotten into my heart. Will you make me the happiest person alive, and marry me?"

He had tears in his eyes, and a smile on his lips. He nodded his head and sniffled. "Yes!" he exclaimed, a tear running down his cheek. I smiled, and took out the gold ring, sliding it on his finger. I captured his lips in a kiss.

Love is a beautiful thing. Love is spending all your time with that special person, seeing the beauty in their flaws, never giving up on them, and giving them all that you are. Love is someone you can trust, someone you can always count on, someone who sees the beauty in you. I knew I saw love in Gerard Way.