sixteen.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
'only love makes you that crazy, el...and that damn stupid'
-

el slammed the door, walking into the house.

"hey! careful, you animal!" nancy laughed.

she was on the couch, reading a magazine. her smile faded as she saw el.

"are you okay?" she furrowed her eyebrows, leaving the magazine next to her and standing up.

el shook her head, holding back tears.

"w-where's mike?"

el chuckled and then sniffled, fiddling with the keys she had on her hand.

"nancy, sometimes i really don't understand him" she lifted her arms, running her fingers through her hair.

"you got to explain me what's happening 'cause-" she walked towards her.

"mike got into a fight today, nance" she clenched her jaw, looking up at her.

"what?" nancy's eyes widened.

"well well well, welcome to the — extended — freak show!" troy announced, clapping his hands together and blocking the gang's way out of school.

"troy, shut the fuck up" mike rolled his eyes, his hand attached to eleven's.

troy lifted his eyebrows, "why don't you shut the fuck up, frogface?" he tilted his head.

eleven gave a deathly glare to troy, if it was for her, she would break troy's arm again right here, right now. but she knew she couldn't use her powers. not here.

mike clenched his jaw. troy looked behind mike.

"midnight, toothless, queer, ginger stinker...", he looked at el, eye to eye, and smirked, "...weirdo"

mike, lifted his hand, and punched him on his jaw. troy, surprised at mike's strength, stepped back, hand on jaw and wide eyes.

"i told you to shut your mouth!" he shouted.

el gasped, and lucas and dustin quickly grabbed mike by both of his arms, him trying to get off their grip.

troy stood up straight and started laughing.

"i really don't understand what you see in her, froggy. she's just a fucking weirdo" he said, getting close to el's face.

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH HER, YOU ASSHOLE!" he shouted, punching him again and tackling him.

"mike, stop!" el screamed.

troy managed to get on top, and punched him right on the eye, mike's head banging onto the floor.

"he's had enough, dude, get off of him!" lucas shouted, grabbing onto troy's arms and pulling.

el breathed heavily, her adrenaline rising per second. will placed his hands on her shoulders.

"el. breathe. you know you can't do that here. breathe" he said.