SIX.

The early Saturday sun crept above the horizon and casted orange light into Jaime's room. She blinked, her eyes burning. Sleep had been scarce, in fact she got probably a total of two hours of rest that night. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw that clown. Staring at her, smiling evilly. Shivering despite it being warm in her home, Jaime brought herself to her feet and changed into her clothes for the day. Just a casual dress, since she knew she'd be swimming later that day.

Henry had gone home, and her brother was fast asleep in his own bedroom. Her father also returned from work just a few hours prior, so she felt somewhat comforted. Bounding down the stairs, she entered the kitchen and prepared a bowl of cereal. As she sat at the table, chewing cornflakes, her father stumbled sleepily into the kitchen.

"Why, hello, Jay." He smiled upon seeing his daughter and walked over to ruffle her hair. Jaime and her father shared many similar features; eyes, lips, skin tone. Though she would always resemble her mother.

"Hi, daddy. How was work?" She asked, swallowing hard on her cereal.

"Same old, same old." He chuckled and began making his own bowl of cereal. Her father worked in the Sargent Police office, just like Henry's dad. That may have been the cause of Victor and Henry's friendship, though her father often remarked that Henry's dad was unprofessional.

"Did Henry come over last night?" He asked, sitting across from her at the table with his bowl.

Jaime gulped. Henry wasn't allowed in the house. Her father didn't trust him. But even if that was the case, she didn't want to snitch on her brother. And if Henry found out she told? She'd be in for it.

"Um..." she looked down and swirled her spoon in her bowl of now mostly milk. "No."

He furrowed his eyebrows and stared straight at her, as if reading her thoughts and analyzing her soul. A cold chill travelled down her spine.

"Alright." He said finally, beginning to eat his own cereal.

The two made small talk about whatever was on their minds- the last day of school yesterday, the warm weather, his job. Eventually, Jaime realized it was growing later into the morning, so she decided she'd get going. She didn't want to be late.

"I'm meeting with Bill, Richie, Eddie, and Stan today." She mentioned casually as she sat her bowl in the sink.

"Oh, you're friends with them again?" Her father asked as he read the newspaper.

"I don't really know." She admitted. It was the truth.

"Well, have fun. Remember not to talk to strangers, and be home before seven." He ordered while staring at her from behind his spectacles.

"I will, daddy. See you." She gave him a quick hug before leaving her home.

The morning sun beating down, she straddled her bike and got ready for the ride. Her destination was on the edge of Derry, so the ride would be awhile. Not like she minded. As long as Henry didn't end up stalking her.

She actually felt at peace. Despite what she saw just hours ago, she felt fine. There were logical explanations- but one possibility always made her head spin. Was she really going crazy? Was Henry right when he jokingly said she needed put in the looney bin? Did her summer have padded rooms and therapy talks in store for her?

Jaime was so lost in thought, she hardly even realized she was nearing Greta's house. Though she did realize when Greta, who was sitting on the front porch, called out to her.

"Hey, James! Off to go beg on your knees for the Losers' forgiveness?"

Jaime slowed down and scowled over at the girl. "It's Jaime. Lose the S. And no, I don't need anyones forgiveness."