Chapter One

"Make it stop! "

"NEVER! "

***

I woke up that day feeling like I had a hangover.

"Stia! " Was what I first heard that morning other than my internal screaming. I felt nauseous and sweaty. Like my insides were churning ridiculously, and my heart was pounding like no end.

On the other side of my second physical barrier, other than my warm quilt, was Gretchen. A hag who formerly worked in a Psychiatric Children's center in Queens.. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
And she was still banging on the door.

"Stia, get down in five minutes or you won't have any food for a week! " Gretchen yelled, before stomping away the corridor. Honestly, the threat seemed pretty empty to me. I could go without food for two weeks.

I grabbed my worn parka jacket, which I am very glad to own. You know, that in of itself is a story. Then stepped out of my blanket. Mist covered the floor, then I glanced at my frost covered window.
I shoved on my pair of uggs, which one unfortunately had a hole in it's sole, then placed on my favorite blood red beanie.

You might be wondering why I'm wearing all these things already, and let me tell you why. Other than the fact I wear thin clothing, I am damn sensitive to the cold. I would not eat ice cream or touch snow with my bare hands even if it cost me my family. Which is a good thing, because they don't exist.

My hand twisted the cold metal knob, then opened up to the colder corridor. Gretchen had opened up the windows, like she normally does.

Snow layer the window sill lightly, making the illusion of a cloud resting on it. I walked down the corridor knocking of doors occasionally for fun. Letting my thoughts wander about. Now, you see, I lived in an abandoned building. Yes my dear readers, I was homeless. In certain points of views.
I lived in one of the branches of Asylum's Gretchen worked in.

"There you are, ya little brat! " I heard someone say behind me as my forearm was jerked away from my side. My feet took time to adjust to the Hag's speed but I caught on. I hadn't realized that I had been standing right in front of an open window, leaning out nearly dooming myself to die.

We soon arrived to the kitchen, the worst room in all the building. It was littered with rotting and rotten food, broken dishes, old cans, and plastic utensils.
We're definitely all about cleanliness.

I was sat down by the sink, meaning the most odor-full part. I scrunched up my nose, and looked down at the food. Never had I seen something as atrocious. It never fails to amaze me on how many times I've thought that.

"BRATS! PAY ATTENTION! " Gretchen said in an excessively loud tone. We all glanced to our sides, yes, we. We were pretty much the 'kids who are homeless but don't want to be homeless ' kids. The hag stood by the kitchen's doors, her eyes scanning anyone looking suspicious. "Alright.
We have a new comer. "
The hag turned around and gestured for someone to come in.

"Boys, girls. Be. Nice. " She said through clenched teeth.

The new comer was a boy. He stood at roughly five foot four inches. His hair was dark and reminded me of slinkys. Almost kinky hair, but not tight enough. Loose curls? Not long enough. Anyways, tan skin, skinny frame, and the cutest cheeks I've seen in my life.
A smirk was plastered onto his face and mischief was glowing from his eyes.

"Hi, I'm Leo. "