An Act of True Love

“The window!” exclaimed Olaf, rushing over to the frozen window and bashing it open.

He grabbed Anna and I, sitting us on the ledge and shouting for us to slide.

We did, sliding down in spite of the raging blizzard around us.

“Which way, Olaf?” I asked.

“Right!” he called, before the wind swept him away.

“Keep going guys!” he yelled as his body parts flew.

“Anna, hold on to me,” I commanded, as I squinted through the blizzard to try and see a boat.

I thought I saw a vague outline of one, and so we struggled through the storm.

Meanwhile, I could have sworn I heard my name being shouted in the distance.

“Kara!” came an echo.

I ignored it, pushing through with Anna as we neared a boat, only for me to have to drag the poor girl out of the way as it started to fall.

We both screamed as it missed us by an inch.

“Elsa!” I screamed, but no answer.

“Elsa!” I tried again.

Then, out of nowhere, the blizzard stopped. I could see everything; Anna’s hand beginning to turn to ice, Kristoff running towards us in the distance, and Elsa crying... with Hans stood above her.

He unsheathed his sword, and was about to strike Elsa.

Anna forcefully pulled out of my grip and stumbled over to them.

“Anna, no!” I tried running after her, but slipped on the ice.

I could only watch as Anna intercepted Hans sword as it came down to Elsa, she turned to ice and the sword smashed, throwing Hans back and saving Elsa.

Then one final puff of air came out from the mouth of the ice statue... Anna’s last breath.

“Anna!” I stumbled up and slid towards the statue, cradling the face in my hands.

Elsa had also stood up and was hugging Anna’s icy form. Elsa and I looked to each other and wept.

I looked into Anna’s lifeless eyes, and my tears cascaded even more.

Everything was silent. There was no sound bar the sobbing of Elsa and myself. I couldn’t believe it. We had all tried so hard.

“Kara?” Olaf murmured, pulling at my arm.

I tore my eyes away from Anna to look at him. He gestured to the side, and I turned to see Kristoff looking at me sadly.

“Kristoff,” I wept, stumbling over to him and hugging him, weeping into his shoulder.

He grabbed me immediately, rubbing my back as he kissed my head.

“Shhh,” he cooed, but I couldn’t stop crying, until I heard Olaf gasp.

I turned to see colour spreading throughout the icy Anna statue. The life was returning to her, but how?

When she was fully regenerated, she gasped for air, and I tore back to her, giving her a massive hug. Elsa too joined in, as we all laughed together at the sheer peculiarity we had all been through so recently.

“You saved me,” Elsa gushed at Anna.

“I love you,” Anna admitted, hugging her sister.

“An act of true love can thaw a frozen heart,” Olaf breathed in awe.

“Love,” repeated Elsa, “That’s it! Love!”

Then she began to do her magic, and the colour returned to Arendelle. As we watched, Kristoff and I had our arms around each other, and Olaf had his around Sven’s leg.

I looked up at Kristoff and he looked down at me, smiling. Leaning in, we kissed and all the past arguments melted away. Pulling away, I grinned, and we began to walk with the others back in the direction of the castle.

Along the way, we were stopped by Hans, who seemed shocked that Anna was alive.

Kristoff began his advance, but I pushed him back with an ‘Easy, Tiger’.

Anna stood up for herself though, punching him under the chin and onto the floor.

Walking past, I whispered to Sven and he obeyed my order, spitting on Hans as we went past.

I smirked. Everything seemed okay again.