Eight

"So the next full moon isn't for another two weeks," I stated as I star gazed through her enormous window. The moon was halfway full, it's light illuminating the living, green world beneath it. I could see my miniscule village from this angle and I could also see my house, the one I shared with my powerful father. It looked sad and dark, the crops growing wild. When I return home, I was unsure if my father and I would still be able to stay in such in a place. We would probably have to move to a different village, lead a different army, and fight another battle. I missed my mother.

"So you're stuck in here with me for two weeks?" Alice asked, her fingertips trailing the skin of my shoulders, lightly. A shiver racked my body before I had the courage to move away from her.

"Do you always invade people's personal space like that?" I asked, my brows furrowing in annoyance. But it was so hard to stay angry with someone so beautiful and so- insane. She was intoxicating, exhilarating.

"Considering I haven't had a real conversation with anyone in years, yes," she replied, her eyes flickering from a bright purple to a darker shade. She was detecting some sort of emotion from me. "Are you frightened by me?"

Coughing, I went to move away but Alice only moved with me and cornered me in front of her window. Her arms snaked out to rest on both sides of my face while the rest of her body came dangerously close. I looked away, my heart begging for her to move and ignore my existence. I had no idea how I was going to make it out of here or how long she could hold off not trying to sleep with me. I had to stay a virgin for two more weeks but Alice was making it all too difficult.

"Do I scare you, all powerful warrior, Dallis?" The way her tongue lingered on the 's' when she said my name, had my heart beating hard against my chest and the hairs on my arms standing up in attention. I shook my head, quickly, but kept my eyes diverted. "I should."

The demon princess leaned in close, her lips pressing against my unmarked shoulder. I could feel her canines through her lips and I gulped rather hard. I couldn't protest or even, try to push away from her. It was almost as if I was under her spell.

Her tongue licked the skin, preparing it for the inevitable bite that would divide my being between two masters. She skimmed the edge of her teeth along the area, her body fully leaning against mine until our breasts molded together and her knee was between my legs.

My chest was rising and falling while my body welcomed her presence, submitting to her commands. But Alice groaned deeply and like the flicker of a light, she was gone. She walked away, leaving me hot and confused.

"You must stop teasing me, Dallis," she sang while she made her way to the table of bottles, of what I presumed was alcohol, by the door.

"I wasn't doing anything," I gasped as I leaned forward, my hands resting on my knees. Her demonic, lustful presence had left me out of breath, tired, and sexually frustrated. "You, basically, attacked me."

"Let's not use such harsh words, Dallis." Alice poured herself a glass of wine before taking a sip that tainted her lips with its luscious red color. "I just wanted to have a lil' fun." She was far from me but I could still make out her devious smirk that set me on edge.

I went to sit on the bed to rest my body and waited a few moments before deciding it was appropriate to speak again. Alice was still drinking her wine when I did. "Why haven't you enslaved me yet? Or whatever it is you demons do to us humans."

She chuckled while taking a seat on her blood red sofa. "Sure, demons tend to make slaves of humans or even mate with them. I've never mated with anyone, only enslaved them before eventually, draining them of any soul essence." She licked her lips, hungrily, and slithered into bed. "But those days are behind me as of recently. I am focused on one thing and one thing only- revenge." Her eyes became bright with the thought.

"Besides, I don't want to kill you. Even though your soul does appear to be different from other humans and your skin smells delightful, I like you too much to eat you."

"That's good." I gulped.

"If anything, I would mate with you, to be one forever." She stared deep into my eyes, enjoying the effect she had on me through her simple use of words. "But you're Vera's for the time being."

"I'm no ones." Alice laughed at that, an actual laugh that rumbled in her chest and had her fully smiling.

"Such a foolish human."