Scene 5

The sound of alullaby is heard. Jona sleeps in his armchair when suddenly somebodyknocks at the door. He laboriously falls off the chair before heopens the door. The dog lady enters.

Dog lady: Goodmorning, Mr. Williams.

Jona: Good morning,Mrs. Preston. Where did you leave your little barking cuddle toy?

*Haroldbarks and appears behind the lady's legs * There you are. *strokeshim *

Dog lady: It'sHarold if you don't mind.

Jona: Of course not.What can I do for you?

Dog lady: You owe mea cup of tea young man.

Jona: But... I don'thave any tea so-

Dog lady: Don'tworry about that.

Thelight flashes to the lady's apartment. It's a room full of patchworkpillows, tea cups, a colorful, big cupboard, dog pictures and a smalltea table.Jona is sitting onone of the very small chairs while Mrs. Preston is cooking tea on thecupboard.

Doglady: Peppermintor red fruit?

Jona: Lemon, please.

Dog lady: Sopeppermint it is.

I just wanted totell you that you shouldn't listen to the others. Your Brutus 2400 issimply awesome!

Jona: Wait...what?

Dog lady: My littleHarold never looked better!

Jona: Do you want tosay that you gave Brutus 2400 to your dog?

Doglady: Of course I did. He loves it. And it smells so good! Forstrength and vitality, right?It's the best dog shampoo I ever had. * opens cupboard and 32bottles are seen *

Jona: But the serumis made to make soldiers stronger!

Dog lady: Then youshould really work on your commercial. Sounds pretty much like dogshampoo to me.

Jona: I can'tbelieve it... My only costumer uses my food supplement as shampoo...

Dog lady: Maybe youshould drink your tea irish...

Jona: *tohimself * That's simply impossible! She must be kidding... Imean...No...just no...

Dog lady: I see.Just schnapps without tea.

Jona: How can Iserve my country now?

Doglady: *gives him a glassof whiskey * Listen,kid, when I found your website-

Jona: You found it?You know how the internet works?

Doglady: Excuse me? Of course I do! I am a lady of the 21stcentury!

Jona:*slowly nodds and drinks*

Doglady: Anyway, when I found your website I was pretty desperate, and Iknew so were you. That's why I thought it could be worth a try.You needed a costumer and I needed something what could makeHarold fluffy again. *Haroldbarks * Your serum issimply awesome, so I told my friends about it.

Jona: Friends?

Dog lady: Yes,friends. We always meet at the dog park. I am trying to give you anadvice for life and it's very impolite to interrupt me with yourrude comments.

Jona: I am sorry.

Dog lady: You shouldbe. Nevertheless, they were very interested in your invention. Hereis the list of their orders. Unfortunately they don't know how touse the internet... Now you can start your own business. That'swhat you wanted, right?

Jona: Thanks, lady,but I wanted to serve my country. I am physically not able to be asoldier, that's why I wanted to help my own way, you know? Youroffer is amazing, but I'm afraid I-

Dog lady: Mr.Williams. The world is not just black and white. Being a soldierisn't the only way to serve your country. Our state doesn't justconsist of governments and generals. It mainly consists of peoplelike you and me. Success never comes the way we expect it to come. But when it is there we have to see and to use it. There are a lotof dog loving people out there, why shouldn't you successful helpthem instead of failing in helping soldiers. Your abilities maynot be the ones you wish for, but they are a gift. Use them as what they are.

Jona: But my fatherwill never-

Doglady: Your father doesn't have to live your life, but you. Make yourown mistakes and write your own story. That's what the whole thingis about, you know? I think you are now ready for your tea.

Jona: Thank you,Mrs. Preston.

* Harold barksand the curtain falls *