THREE.

the three boys emerged from the drug store and quickly ran back to ben. eddie slightly more shaky than the rest of them.

"just suck the wound." richie spoke.

"i need to focus right now." eddie snapped.

"you need to focus?"

"yeah, can you go get my bifocals? they're in my second fanny pack."

"why do you have a second fanny pack?" stan questioned.

"i need to focus right now, it's a long story."

"i don't want to here it." stan replied.

as all of this was happening, from the corner of my eye i could see bill walk towards bev marsh, and start a conversation with her.

"oh god! he's bleeding!" stanley squawked, hiding himself behind me.

"oh, stan." i snickered.

"it's disgusting." he shivered.

"ben from soc?" beverly questioned.

"you have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage. it's basic." richie told eds.

"you don't know what you're talking about."

"richie we aren't fucking vampires." i scoffed.

"are you okay? it looks like it hurts." bev frowned at ben.

"no i'm good. i just fell." ben reassured the ginger.

"yeah, right into henry bowers!" richie shouted.

"shut it, r-r-richie!" bill warned.

"why? it's the truth!"

i made eye contact with richie, shooting him a glare.

"you sure they got 'the right stuff' to fix you up?" bev asked.

i held in a laugh, realizing she'd just made a new kids reference.

the next few minutes consisted of eddie attempting to focus, richie harassing him, and bill inviting bev to join us at the quarry.

beverly didn't exactly say she would come, but i knew she would. she had quite obviously taken a liking to bill.

if bill had any idea he would've asked her out by now, but he's a very oblivious kindred spirit.

oh god. i hope it's not that obvious i like stanley. eh, it doesn't matter. he's extremely oblivious too.

i wish he wasn't. then maybe he'd ask me to go out with him. but of course things can't work out perfectly like that. at least not for me.

i'd just keep flirting with him and eventually he'll realize that i'm sort of in love with him.

i'd fallen in love with all of his little quirks, and how he was so unapologetically himself. i loved how he was so oblivious to his behaviors do to his obsessive compulsive disorder. i loved the way he squinted when he tried to understand what had just been said to him. i loved his knowledge of almost everything, and how he had an answer for anything question you could ask, or a solution to any problem you threw his way. or how he didn't like to ask for help, because he didn't like to show weakness and liked to be independent.

stanley uris was a remarkable boy, and i was head over heels for him.

i could only hope he felt even a fraction of the amount of affection i had for him, towards me.

i hope he payed attention to the way i looked at him, or the way i'd reach for his hand in situations that gave me anxiety. or how he was always the first person i called or paged when i needed someone.