Nothing Shall Forestall, My Return

The birds in the forest flew into the air at the darkness loud  sound of zipping lightning .   Night had fallen upon the two demons in the forest the next day, and only their eyes were visible now.   Hajime was laid back against the trunk of the tree.  As for Kamina, she was knelt down beside him, holding her sheath in her hands.  The dark sheath had small bolts of lightning zipping through it, causing the noise which frightened the animals.  
        Hajime watched Kamina carefully as she closed her eyes.Drawing her sword with one hand,she set down the sheath.  A dark pulse emanated fromo the blade, making no one except Kamina dare touch it.
        Kaminas chest let out a dark red glow where her markings were.  She raised the blade, the moonlight  glistening off the metallic surface of the sword.  Aiming the tip, she drew it back, and pushed it forward.  Hajime groaned in pain as the tip of the blade pierced his wounded shoulder.
        Kamina's eyes were clenched in concentration.  She twisted the blade, making the man at the other end tense up in great pain.  Sutendoburēdo pulsed once more, thirsting for Kamina's power and life source, as promised by their bond. Kamina channeled he energy of the blade to the tip, making it let off dark mist.  The mist ejected from the tip of the blade, and spun around some.  Soon enough, it circled Kamina and entered into Hajime.  
        Even if he was trained to deal with pain, this was a pain no man had ever experienced. He let out a cry of pain, only thrilling the blade as it let out a pulse.  Kamina furrowed her brow trying to concentrate. It hurt even her, and she was growing tired.
        The mist entered and left Hajime through different places, until it krept up to his face.  Kamina opened her eyes. Usinig her left hand, she rose it up, the black mist surrounding it.  She looked like a dark goddess, in Hajime's eyes. \
        When she spoke, her voice was different,  in unison with a different one.   Sutendoburēdo spoke along with her.
        "  I use my power here, on you.  To rid you of your pain and misfortune, I feed my own.   Should you wish to live..."  Her voice started, gaining Hajime's attention.
        " You will serve by my aside. Your power will  be mine at my very whim. In return, I will save you- and present you to a dark Haven.  Do you swear to our eternal bond?"  She finished.
        Kamina winced some,knowing how much she was exerting herself. Hajime gave a subtle nod, and rose his hand, closing the space between his palm and her own. 
        "The bond will be enforced.  You are my pawn, and in return, I grant you your life.  The cost for such selfish desires lies with a curse.  The bond will commence.....setto." Her voice dimmed down to whisper by the last word. At doing so, Kaminas crimson eyes widened as red marking claimed their spot along her eyes.  Hajime watched, unable to move as their pact was formed.The darkness in her hand crept up and he was engulfed in white.

-Years Later-

        The waters of the river flowed in unison downstream. The crystal surface of the water shimmered with the rays of the sun.  The flow of the rive today was calm, as was the rest of the say. A few stray rocks provided a dry place among the river.  A small waterfall was upstream, creating a  thin mist over the surface of the water. The wind was calm and the sun set the perfect temperature for the day.
        In front of the waterfall, the water relaxed with a soft flow. It was here that the movement of water was heard. Kamina leaned her back against one of the stones in the river. Her black hair being held up by her arm as she sat in the water. She closed her eyes in content to be clean, letting the water embrace her body up to her chest.  The mist of the waterfall keeping her body unseen under the clear blue waters.  
        Kamina laid her head back, letting her hair fall carelessly into the water. The years had been kind to her, since she was a demon. She seemed like she had not aged a day.  Her features were different, of course.  She still had her crimson eyes, but now she had the red demonic markings on her face. If they were from her finally releasing her demonic abilities, or from the pact with Hajime, she did not know.
        As she laid her head back, Kamina thought of this. Her thoughts wondered back to that night. But as quickly as the thought came, it vanished.
        Kamina stayed in the water for a bit longer before standing up and walking to the shore. There, her kimono rested on the cold surface of the rocks. She ringed the water out of her hair and changed into the inner clothing of her kimono. As she did so, she stopped for a moment to look up. Pulling her inner clothing on, letting it fit loosely around her, she combed through her hair with her fingers.
        "You may look now , Hajime." She called in a soft voice. 
        The rustling of leaves could be heard coming from the forest, before the man walked into view.  He had not aged a day either. His dark hair remained the same, although it had grown out some.  He wore the same clothing Kamina had found him with as well. The only difference was the bandage around his right eye. 
        Hajime had a straight face as he walked into the clearing of the river.  Kamina tied her hair with a white ribbon.
         "Would you not like to take a rest in the river?" She asked him, as she put on her blue kimono.
        Hajime shok his head. "I'm fine, Mistress." he told her. Kamina looked up in silence at his words.
        "I told you, you do not have to address me as such." She spoke.  Hajime gave a nod in silence.
        Kamina sighed and walked towards him. She brought her hand up and brushed his hair away from the bandages on his face. Hajime blinked with a straight face,
        "You look the same as you did back then." She smiled.  She sighed and brought her hand back. "I'm sorry I cost you your eye." she said solemnly. 
        Hajime shook his head. "It is because of you that I am here today. I'm grateful." he told her. Kamina smiled and gave a small nod.  Hajime walked past her and took hold of her blades sheath, handing it to her. 
        "  We have been traveling closer to the East. Where do you plan to go?" he asked her.
        Kamina set her sword at her waist as she began walking with him.   "There is a young boy I wish to see again."

 After traveling in silence for a few hours, Kamina slowed her pace as she neared St. Hijiri's Town, in Musashi Provence.   She walked out of the forest, overlooking the peaceful village. Kikyo's village, to be exact.   She stood at the edge of the forest, in silence,watching the villagers pass throughout their home.
        Hoe long had it been since she was last here?  Kamina herself couldn't remember, though it seemed like just yesterday.  In her heart,  Kamina would always have many thanks for the people, and priestess, of this village, for they saved her life.  
         As Kamina was lost in her thoughts of the past, Hajime slowed to a stop and stood beside her.  
       " A village?" He asked, more to himself.
       Kamina started walking froward, with a nod.  As they neared the village, many villagers aimed weapons at them, or stepped away from them.  Hajime stepped in front of Kamina as if shielding her. She , on the other hand, seemed unfazed by this behavior.                
        "Demons! Leave! Leave our village in peace!" The villagers yelled as they gathered around them. Some of the women stepped out of their homes.
        "Wait! Let her pass!" A girl called, running forward. The villagers stepped back as they turned and looked at the girl. Kamina looked over Hajime's shoulder as she neared them. She remembered her.  She was the same child who had helped Kikyo heal her wounds.
        The young girl stood in front of Kamina now, looking up at her.  Bandages and gauze wrapped around her eye.
         "Are ye Lady Kamina?" The girl asked.
        Kamina nodded.  "  Hello, Kaede."
        Kaede's eyes lit up some,as the villagers stepped back, apologizing for their behavior.  Kamina gave them a small smile as she followed Kaede.    
        "Kaede, where is your elder sister?"  Kamina asked as she looked around the village.  Something was off. The lively aura wasn't the same, and neither was Kaede.
        Hajime looked up from where he stood behind Kamina.  
        Kaede dropped her head as she stopped walking, looking at the ground solemnly.  "Ye should follow me." She whispered and began walking forward.  Kaede walked out of the village, Kamina trailing behind her.  Finally, the girl stopped in front of a large tree, whose roots snaked in and out of the ground.  She stepped off to the side, as Kamina alone neared the trunk.  Her crimson eyes widened a bit as she walked closer. Pinned against the tree, with an arrow to his shoulder, was her young Inuyasha. Kamina heled out her hand in attempt to touch him, only to have the purification powers of the arrow, shock her back.  Kamina let her darken hand rest at her side as it healed.  
        "And Kikyo?"  She asked.
        Kaede was silent for a few seconds, her small hands rolled into fists. "Inuyasha had wounded her houlder, in attempt to steal the Shikon Jewel. She past away." Kaede spoke, a tear running down her good eye.
        Kamina looked at her and nodded in silence.      She walked towards the girl, looking down at her as she rested a hand on her shoulder. 
        "Thank you , Kaede. I will pay my respects to Kikyo, but please let me lament for Inuyasha." she told her. Kaede wiped the tear away and left.
        Kamina turned back the tree, looking up at Inuyasha, in his fathers Kimono.  Hajime stood in silence, a distance from Kamina. 
        "Hajime?"  Kamina called after some time, keeping her back to him.
        Hajime looked up. This was the boy she had spoken to him about. He had sympathy for her. Inuyasha was like her son, and it must have been difficult for her to see him like this, even if he wasn't dead. 
        "I know who did this..." Kamina trailed off.
        Hajime looked at her from behind. "  Will you go after him?" he asked.
Kamina opened her mouth to say something, and her words were cut off. Her body arched forward as her kimono teared.  The wind taking the form of a blade as it sliced through her.  Hajime's eyes widened as he looked up. The only thing he could see was a giant feather flying away. On it, was a woman and a man. 
        As the two figures were out of sight, Hajime ran forward and caught Kamina as she fell forward. He looked at her, he torso shedding blood and miasma. Hajime's brows furrowed, in pain and anger. He owed her his life, and here he was, failing to protect her.
        Kamina opened her eyes a bit to look at him. "I'll be alright." she assured.  "I just need to purify the miasma." she spoke. "Lay me by the tree."
        Hajime nodded and did as he was told, laying her in between on of the roots, where it looked most comfortable.  The light on her there shined perfectly, making her look peaceful, even if she was in pain.   
        Hajime knelt down beside her as she leaned against the trunk. Kamina set her hands over her stomach, as she looked up.  "when I awaken, my body will be as healthy as it should be.  It will take time, however."  she cautioned. Hajime nodded, looking at her.
        "I will wait here." he spoke.
        Kamina's lips spread into a small smile.  Slowly, her eyes closed. "I'm his guardian, after all." 
        Hajime watched her until it seemed she entered her sleep. Her body seized its' movement and she lay there peacefully. Hajime stood up.
        "I will wait, for your return."