Chapter 24:

I woke up with a feeling of déjà vu with me pressed against Axel's shirtless chest. I tried to turn around on my other side, but Axel convulsively hugged me tighter with a snore. I groaned when I started to feel like someone had taken a sledgehammer to my head.

"Axel?" I whispered, not wanting to make a loud enough noise to worsen my headache. Axel continued to softly snore. "Axel, can you maybe let me go?"

Nothing. I sighed, trying to free myself of his arms, but it was no use. What does this boy bench press? An elephant?! After a few more feeble attempts, I felt something against my legs. I craned my neck to see it was Apollo.

"Get him, boy!" I grabbed the dog's attention, and he started to walk over. I pointed at Axel. I then felt Apollo's warm tongue on my cheek. I groaned wiping away his saliva. "Not me! Him!" But Apollo, with one last lick to my face, hopped off of the bed.

Great. What am I supposed to do now? It's not like I can go back to sleep with this wicked headache threatening to kill me.

  "Axel?" I tried waking him again. "Axel, get up." I poked his cheek.

  "Five more minutes." He groaned, nuzzling his face in my neck.

  I froze when I felt my cheeks heat up, and my pulse started speeding up. I felt him chuckle against me. His hot breath fanning my neck.

  "Get off of me!" I said annoyed, and I tried shoving him away.

I gasped when he flipped me on my back, and he hovered overtop of me. His eyes glinted with amusement.

"That's not what your body language is telling me." He smirked at the rapid rise and fall of my chest.

"Well my mouth is saying move. I have a killer headache."

  "I could help with that." He said suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows.

  "Ew," I scrunched my nose up in disgust.

I was about to make another retort, but the loud rumble of my stomach cut me off. It continued to rumble, reminding me I hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast yesterday morning. I smiled sheepishly at Axel, and he chuckled.

"I knew you were hungry for me, Angel Eyes, but damn."

"Oh my God!" I slapped his chest. "Cocky much?"

"Frigid much?"

"Annoying."

"Stubborn."

"Jerk."

"Beautiful." He smirked as I laid there speechless. He leaned his face in closer, and my breath hitched. "I'll make you some breakfast."

I laid there stunned as he got up and started walking towards his door, snickering under his breath. He exited the room, leaving the door wide open. I took my solitude as an opportunity to check out Axel's room.

It was not at all what I expected. I imagined a messy wasteland, video games everywhere, and walls lined with posters of scantily clad women. Instead I found empty black walls, a big bookshelf with no more space for books, and baseball equipment in one corner. His room was even cleaner than mine was.

I guess I don't know the bad boy as well as I thought I did, I mused to myself.

  I got up out of the bed; the cold air hit my legs. I shivered slightly, wishing I had pants, but there was no way a pair of Axel's sweatpants would fit me and my only other option was my dress. But the dress came as far down as his T-shirt, so I just walked down the stairs to get breakfast. I was surprised to find the house clean- there wasn't a single sign that a party had taken place here.