Prologue

Venus was eighteen when her parents finally took her to the Freakshow. She was of age to take care of herself, and her parents couldn't be more happy. Of course they loved her, but they couldn't handle it.

Maybe it was because they didn't want to know the truth. They didn't want to know what their fortune was, what their future held. Maybe they were scared.

They dropped Venus off at the Freakshow with a bag and a kiss on the cheek. Nothing else. Venus looked around and spotted two women. One with a beard and the other with a beautiful blue gown on.

"Come sweet girl. It's time for you to meet my freaks." The woman in the gown said with a smile.

She was truly beautiful. I saw fame and happiness in her future, but I also saw jealousy, pain, and death.

"Who are you?" Venus asked in a small voice.

"I'm Elsa Mars. And this is Ethel Darling. We're your family now. Come my sweet."

They guided me to a big tent where many other people were. People like me. People who were judged because they were different.

Different but beautiful.

"Everyone, this is Miss Venus Marks. She will be staying with us for now on. She's family." Elsa said.

"What is she?" Some asked.

"Why she is a fortune teller! Her parents were very grateful for us taking her in and giving her a home."

"Is she really? Or is she just a scam?"

"I assure you I am no scam! Do you think I would be here if I was. My parents are so afraid of my gift, the second I turned eighteen they sent me away!" I told the gentleman.

I was not here to pretend to be something I'm not. Who are they to judge me and call me a liar when I have done nothing wrong?

"If you all are so doubtful, someone let her read your fortune," Elsa said, "who will it be?"

"I'll do it." A guy in the back raised his hand.

He was beautiful. His hair was a dirty blonde color and it was brushed to the side. His face was godly and his voice was smooth like butter. Venus could clearly see why he was in this place as she noticed his hands.

His hands were like lobsters, but they were magnificent.

He walked towards them as he stared Venus down. He admits that this girl was the most gorgeous beings he's seen. Her brown locks were down to the middle of her back and her eyes were a dark blue.

When he got to her he put his hands in front of them both. She looked down at his hands and back up at him. He had a tense look on his face as she done this.

She slowly grabbed his hand, took a deep breath, and closed her eyes.

"Jimmy Darling, you are truly something. I see...a blonde. She's pretty. She's with a man. Don't trust them. They are not who they say they are. Their is darkness and sorrow. A lot of anger. Death."

Suddenly, she gasps and her eyes open. She looks in his eyes and gives his hand a squeeze.

"That was dark Jimmy. Don't work though, because I did see light. I saw love."