Itachi

He sat in his room, contemplating on what he is about to do. The katana sat in front of him on its holster, as if mocking him for his hesitation. But he have to do it, for his younger siblings. He can't bear to watch them being treated the same as him and be used for the Uchiha's evil plans.
Itachi turned to the door when it opened. There stood a little girl, no more than three years old, black hair as dark as the night sky with onyx eyes as beautiful as the full moon. Her pale pink skin was a contrast on his as she walked towards him.
"Itachi-nii?" Her small voice called out to him and his heart softened, strengthening his resolve of doing his plan. He held out his hand to her and she took it, sitting on his lap.
"Yes, little Mitsuki? Is there anything that my Chibi Hanami wants?" He said softly, stroking her hair as she sleepily stared up at him.
"I'm sleepy but I can't sleep."(Don't we all do? XD SORRY not sorry) She said and he chuckled.
"Of course, now why don't big brother do a nice little sleeping jutsu to help you?" He offered and she nodded slowly.
"Come on, Chibi Hanami. Let's get you to bed." He carried her in his arms but not without glancing one last time to the katana on his dresser. He headed straight to her room in the huge Uchiha household. He tucked her in but Mitsuki's hand shot out, holding onto his sleeve. He looked at her questioningly.
"You're leaving? " she asked and Itachi's eyes widened for a bit, before being smiling down his precious imouto.
"This Itachi-nii is off for a special mission from the Hokage. I might be gone for some time but I'm sure that Sasuke-nii will keep you company while I'm gone." It was a half lie and half truth but she bought it.
"Okie. I love you, Itachi-nii." She said as she close her eyes. He smiled again.
"I love you too, Mitsuki-chan. Sweet dreams." He said as he apply a simple sleeping jutsu on her, just enough to last two to three hours. He planted one last kiss on her forehead and put his last birthday gift for her that that was meant for the next year, a little bunny plushie and he chuckled when she subconsciously hugged it in her sleep. One last poke on her forehead put a protective jutsu on her to keep her safe and he stepped out of her room to start the event that will change everything for the Uchihas.

*hours later, Sasuke's POV*
He smiled happily as he ran, eager to get home in time for Mitsuki to wake up from hee nap. In his hand is a bag of mochis which his imouto has never eaten before and he wanted to see her reaction on such a sweet delight.
He reached the compound only to realize that it's way too quiet. No women chatting or men loudly talking as they drink sake. Not even a small clink of glasses or anything. Fear gripped him as he ran faster into his house only to open the door to a bloodbath.
Bodies littered the hallway and the rooms that he found open.
Children, men and women. Almost all Uchihas are dead. Before he let tears fall from his eyes, he ran towards Mitsuki's room, finding her asleep and safe. He carried her bride style, putting the bag of mochis in his pocket. He ran only to be stopped by Itachi himself. He noticed the blood on Itachi's clothes and the katana on his hand still dripping blood.
"Itachi ! How could you do this?!? " his big brother just stared down at him with lifeless eyes.
"It's because you are weak, brother."
"Don't call me that! I'm no brother of a murderer! " Sasuke shouted, holding the still sleeping Mitsuki closer to him. He noticed that Itachi looked at her and his eyes widened.
"No! You won't harm her! Not my little sister." He said, activating his sharingan.
The older Uchiha scoffed at his actions.
"Fine. I'll spare you two. But get stronger soon, Sasuke. I'm pretty sure you would want to avenge your precious little clan." He said mockingly before leaving the two alone in the bloodied room.
Sasuke looked down on Mitsuki and kissed her forehead before he ran back to her room, hiding in the closet until they were found by jounins who decided to investigate the massacre.