Chapter #1: Prologue

"Maine..."

"Ayaw ko na, Richard. Sana matanggap mo."

She said. Maine Mendoza, a simple, but beautiful girl, playful but kind, a friendly and loving person, ang "Dub" ng buhay ko, left me for an unknown reason. And I, Richard Faulkerson Jr. let her be. I was so dumb for letting her go. Now I don't know anything or heard anything about her.

7 years have passed, and I still can't find the answer to my question that has been stuck in my head for years, "Bakit sya parin?".Remembering that question, made me go way back and remember all the things we've done.

"Babe? Are you okay? Babe!"

Then I snapped back to reality. I saw my recent girlfriend starring at me.

"Oh... Sorry, babe..."

"Is something bothering you? Tell me."

"Wala... wala."

"Sige, tara na?"

I nodded then stood up from my seat. She pulled me towards the car and we drove to the mall. After a few minutes of silence...

"Babe? Is there really something wrong? Tell me please! Maybe I could help."

I looked at her for a few seconds then returned my look back on track.

"Wala, forget it."

"Babe... Sige na please?"

"Raffa, stop being so stubborn. Hindi maganda yan syo."

"Hmmppp!"

Raffa looked at her window again then crossed her arms. Aside from remembering my past, I still can't believe that I'm going to marry this stubborn girl. It was my fault after all... *Sigh*
Another 10 minutes have passed, we have finally arrived. Raffa hangs onto me as we walk around the mall. I have to admit, she looks weird. I don't know if she really is a human, or a living-doll.

"Babe, I want to buy this for our wedding, please?"

"Raffa, our checklist have been done. You can't add another thing on it, mahihirapan sina Tita."

"But mommy said she wants me to have the best wedding on earth."

"And you actually believe in that?"

"What's wrong with you? Why are you so negative to me these days?"

"It's cause' your being stubborn again! We have talked about this, you promised me that you'll never be this stubborn again, and look at what you just did."

I pointed at her paperbags and she looked at it. I placed my hands on my head again, and sighed. She looked at me and sat beside me.

"Sorry na, babe? Please?"

I sighed once more and stood up.

"Hindi gagana yang mga 'Sorry's' mo kung lagi ka na lang ganyan. Mag-usap na lng tyo pag-maayos ka na."

I stood up and left her without saying goodbye.