rosemary

"Yes, sir? May I help you with something?"

"Help? You sure can try."

"I'm sorry to pry, sir. But have you been eating well?"

"I haven't been breathing well since she left me. And she asks if I've been eating well. God, why would you do this? Why-"

"Sir?"

"Oh, I sincerely apologise. I am...not in my best state."

"I could tell. What is the matter?"

"The matter is that nothing matters anymore. Not since her. It feels like everything ceases to exist and I wish I could too. Maybe very soon, I will."

"Oh, no. What should be ceased are such thought from your mind, sir. Whatever has happened, that is not the correct thing to do."

"It feels so, ma'am. It does. God has taken away from me and I can not help but wonder that he has done so because he knows, that I will follow her to the ends of not only this, but all worlds. What shall I do?"

"The answer to that, my dear child lies within yourself. I can only attempt to show you the way. Here, take this."

"Rosemary?"

"Yes! It cures all sorrows! My personal favourite, to be honest."

"That was her name."

"Oh, dear. How awful of me. I am deeply sorry. Wait, let me-"

"No. You have done nothing wrong. It seems to me that she would be the only one to cure my gloom, even when it's caused by her, even after her."

"You are such a wise man. I wish you great possibilities and the courage to grab them."

"Thank you, ma'am. Here, keep the change."

For the only cure to a broken heart
Was its own counterpart but miles apart.