Mother | Page 4

"Mom!" I screamed furiously.

   "She can't do anything to help you now. No one can." Mother snarled.

   My face began to turn red, I balled my fists and swung, but nothing happened, no impact from the hit at all. I realized that the tendrils had me by the wrists, leaving me defenseless. I began to realize that I was the last person alive on Earth. I started to calm down to a relaxed manner.

   "There's no point in fighting a war you can't win, now is there." She said.

   She motioned her hand toward me, and the tendrils snaked around me. I just kept telling myself to relax, and let it happen. The tendrils started tightening around my body, cracking my bones. My head began to throb in pain, and blood started dripping from my mouth. My eyes began to close, and just like that I was gone, in a different place. I opened my eyes to see bright lights and that all too familiar hospital smell. I was waiting for my eyes to adjust when a man with a stethoscope around his neck walked in with a clipboard.

   "So, our patient is awake I see." The man said.

   "Who are you, and why am I here?" I asked.

   "I am Doctor Sotch, and you were in a coma." He told me.

   "Why was I in a coma?"

   "You were hit by a car." He explained.

   "So I'm not dead?" I questioned him.

   "No, very much the opposite." He said, chuckling.

   "Your loved ones have left gifts for you on the table, now I have to contact your family and tell them the news." He told me.

   With that he left the room. I got up and went to the table to look at my gifts, and there was a flower, next to a piece of paper that read— "MOTHER"