Him and Him (One Shot ft. Jake Bass and Max Ryder)

The party was getting boring on the dance floor. I sighed, swirling my drink around pensively and sometimes taking a sip. The bartender was nice enough, offering me refills when I wanted. Truly, I had just wanted to get drunk and have a good time. Now, I wasn't so sure.

Being drunk probably wouldn't help the week I'd been having. My boyfriend had broken up with me on Wednesday. It had come to me, hitting me in the face like a wrecking ball, and making me stumble back. I sighed and swirled my drink a little slower, running a hand through my quaffed blond hair.

Apart from that situation, everything was the same. I worked at an industry called Cockyboys as a porn-star, which I didn't mind. I met new people every week, and I actually had a lot of good friends to fall back on. But, tonight, I was hoping for someone new and fresh, someone I could really talk to.

"Another refill?" the bartender, who's name was Steve, asked. I shook my head, jiggling the rest of my drink in the glass. He smiled and nodded, and then walked over to take care of one of his other customers. I sighed, still swirling the drink.

People were dancing even faster as the DJ played a more upbeat song, not like the last one, which I enabled people to talk and get acquainted. Now that everyone was comfortable with each other, they all danced like they'd known each other for years. I sighed, wishing I would get into the mood to dance soon. I finally took another sip of my sour tequila and slowly stood up, setting the glass on the bar. It was now or never, I decided, and I preferred the now instead of the never.  

I walked to the dance floor, all the others indulging in talking to each other and dancing. I got into the stride of things, dancing with them and talking to a few. One, who's name was Anthony, grinned at me. "I haven't seen you around here, my friend. Where've you been?"

I grinned. "Missing out, I guess!" I yelled over the music. He laughed and kept dancing, sometimes dancing over to others and introducing me to them. I would smile and nod my head, though their name would blend In with one another's as the dancing increased. The mosh pit of sweaty bodies seemed thicker and thicker as I danced. My smile levels increased as I met more people. Most were very kind and open to meeting new, fresh meat, such as myself.

"I thought you'd never leave the bar," said someone's playful voice, dark and mysterious. I turned around to find a man staring at me with a small grin on his face. I couldn't help but smile back as he took my hand and started dancing with me. "I'm Jake, by the way. Jake Bass."

His eyes were blue, but they were so light that they could pass off as any color. Sometimes the were green. Other times, they were grey. His hair was jet black, though the quaff was slightly brown, maybe even blond. It looked beautiful on him, and so many would never be able to pull such an amazing style off. I was so captured in his features that I could barely give my name. Finally, I stuttered it out: "Oh, I'm Max Ryder."

Jake laughed nonchalantly, and found his step in the dancing, and I followed him. "I've heard about you. You have quite the city boy rep." He grinned. "Maybe you've heard about me, too?"

"Of course. I can't go very far without hearing your name." Finally, when the fast music died down and slow music took it's place. Jake held my waist as we swayed. I was only a little taller than him, so I gently placed my head close to his, next to his ear. I felt him smile against my head, and lay his cheek on my hair.

"You're a great dancer," Jake murmured in my ear as we gently whirled around. Some of the others had left the dance floor because of lack of excitement, but some had stayed to talk or dance with there significant other. I just smiled, none of the mattering to me.

"Thank you, kind sir, and right back at 'cha," I smiled into his hair as he laughed. He ran a hand through my hair as we swayed, making  me close my eyes and wish we were somewhere more private. I wanted to talk to this guy, ask him questions about his life and talk about mine.