Chapter 16

Cherry's POV

It was 3 days after Undyne and (Y/N)'s stand off. Everyone had heard of the fight by now. Word had spread fast. Cherry wasn't surprised that she'd beaten Undyne. Undyne had crossed a line when hitting Sans. Cherry knew about her feelings for Sans. If anyone hurt him, nothing would stop (Y/N) from making sure it didn't happen again. She was the protective type, so was Sans. Both of them combined meant nothing would hurt the other and get away with it. Papyrus had wanted to go talk to Sans, but what kept everyone away was there was one of (Y/N)'s attack dogs chained outside the house now. It was always guarding it. Everyone knew that Sans and (Y/N) had gone out and called for one of them. Nobody was getting in without permission. What made it worse was that some people had said they'd seen (Y/N) tossing a fish out for the dog to eat and only fish. Cherry knew they wouldn't feed it bones since...well...Sans being a skeleton that might not be a great idea, but fish? Great. They really weren't happy with Undyne. But Papyrus was determined to get into the house.

"Papyrus! That dog will hurt you!" Cherry protested.

"SANS WOULDN'T LET IT HURT ME. I KNOW HE WOULDN'T. WE HAVE TO TRY." Papyrus said. Cherry sighed.

"Alright, but I'm coming with you. I know those dogs. They don't like people or monsters. They only obey their owners. They are meant to attack and to protect their owners, nobody else." Cherry told him. He nodded. They left together. Mystery wanted to come, but Cherry had told her it was too risky. Mystery had grumbled angrily, but agreed to stay at Toriel's.

Papyrus lead the way to their house. They spotted the dog at the entrance. It was chained there and sat tall. It growled as they came closer. Cherry wasn't afraid of it, but she was weary. They stopped there in front of the dog. It growled at them. Cherry stepped forward and it sniffed her. She knew how this worked. These dogs were trained what smells were friends and what smells were foes. It dipped it's head to her and sniffed Papyrus. It stepped out of the way and let them both go up the steps. Cherry knocked on the door. (Y/N) came to answer it. She let them in.

"Sans! Papyrus is here!" She called before going into the kitchen. He came out of his room and down the stairs.

"hey bro. what's up?" Sans asked.

"WE WERE WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND (Y/N)." He replied. Cherry nodded.

"I'm fine." (Y/N) said.

"same here." Sans told them.

"We're slightly concerned you two." Cherry said.

"Why?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well...." Cherry began. (Y/N) knew why they were there.

"I did, what I had to." She said. Cherry was stunned.

"I....know you thought that was right, but maybe it went too far?" Cherry said.

"Undyne crossed the line." Sans growled. 

"Twice." (Y/N) agreed.

"BUT SHE'S LEARNED NOW! Y-YOU DON'T NEED A GUARD DOG." Papyrus said. Sans sighed. Before (Y/N) could say anything Sans put a hand on her shoulder.

"i'll talk to Pap. you can handle Cherry." He said. She nodded. Sans lead Papyrus up to Sans' room. Cherry was left alone with (Y/N).

Papyrus' POV

He followed Sans into his room. Sans sighed. 

"i know you want us to stop bro, but we can't. i don't know who i can trust anymore. i thought i could trust Asgore and Toriel, but look what happened. Toriel didn't do anything and Asgore said it was okay. you should at least understand that killing her isn't right." Sans said.

"YES! KILLING HER WOULD'VE BEEN WRONG, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD KEEP THAT FIGHT GOING. THERE'S OTHER WAYS TO SETTLE THIS BROTHER." Papyrus said. 

"name one Undyne would've agreed to." He said.

"WELL......I'M NOT SURE, BUT NOBODY HAS TO PUT GUARDS OR DEFENSES UP! WE CAN DO THIS AS FRIENDS SANS." Papyrus said. 

"you don't understand. she tried to kill her. she almost killed me. Pap....this isn't the Underground. things have changed. life isn't a written script anymore. down there you could almost predict what was going to happen next. up here, curve balls are around every corner." Sans said.

"THEN WE FACE THEM TOGETHER! SANS, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS ALONE! I'LL TALK TO UNDYNE! SHE'LL COME AROUND! LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED WITH HER AND FRISK! THEY ARE VERY CLOSE NOW! WE CAN MAKE THINGS BETTER NOW!" Papyrus said.

"i can't trust her." Sans hissed. 

"AND SHE CAN'T TRUST (Y/N)." Papyrus said. Sans froze.

"(Y/N) helped us." Sans said.

"AND GOT UNDYNE IN JAIL FOR A LITTLE WHILE." Papyrus said. 

"she said sorry!" Sans protested. Papyrus had to admit he was right on that. "Undyne wasn't thinking. she had it coming for not considering it." Sans said. Papyrus sighed.

"I BELIEVE YOU CAN BOTH DO BETTER." He said. Sans froze. "IT'S YOUR CHOICE BROTHER."

Your POV

You sighed.

"Cherry she nearly killed Sans! What would that have done to Papyrus? He'd for sure never trust Undyne again. I did what I had to so that way I could get my point across. She can't just go and kill anybody she thinks is a threat." You said.

"I understand that, but you aren't just scaring Undyne. You're scaring everyone. We all just need to clam down." Cherry replied. You thought about it.

"Maybe you're right...." You said. You didn't want to make even more enemies. You wanted to leave that part of your life behind. You wanted to be yourself again. This was your last chance to redeem yourself. 

"You can fix this. I know you can. And you know what? I'll be right there with you. We can all get along. I know we can." Cherry said. You smiled.

"You really think so Cherry?" You asked.

"I know we can do it." She said. You smiled.

"Alright. I'll give it a shot. I'll let the dog go free and I tell Sans that we don't have to keep anyone away." You said. Cherry smiled. 

"I'll see what I can do about Undyne too. Thanks (Y/N) for agreeing." She said. You smiled.

"It's about time we left all this in the past." You said.

"Yeah." Cherry agreed.

*One week later*

Undyne had forgiven you and everything was going back to normal. Monsters were now accepted among humans and tons of people were still helping everything move along smoothly. You now lived with Sans. Cherry and Mystery had their own house in the town and Papyrus had decided to live with them. Sans had been sad about his brother moving out, but he was glad he still had you. You were happy with him. You finally got your happy ending.....just like you'd always wanted.

(Heya guys! I FINALLY wrapped up this book! I hope this ending was enough for everyone. Thanks for reading my story! If you liked it go check out my other Sans x Reader's! But anyway, thank you all so much for reading! This is Spiritwing13 howling a final goodbye for this book. Author AHWOOOOT!)