Let everything that has breath

The percussion melody from the 'talking drum' filled the building as what followed after was the elongated scream of the Yoruba song lyrics;

"Kabiyesi ooo... Eshe ooo!"

This was followed with everybody gently delving towards the floor as they 'Komole' and 'Ijo-eda'.
Some young men didn't even mind prostrating flat on the floor with their designer cloaks, ladies held their dress' hem as they swung their clothe from side to side while they gladly sang.

Shortly after, the synchronous clapping of hands became intense. The next song endeared everyone to joyfully clap as they echoed;

"Abo... Abo... Abo! (clap) "

I watched as each person picked a dance partner and placed a foot in front of the other foot while they joyfully stumped the dusty ground, clapping at the same time to the call of the song. That is how it's done in the Niger Delta way!

I thought that was the end, not until the keyboard switched over to 'Ariaria'. I couldn't believe how the atmosphere suddenly changed as the next song that was ushered in sang...

"Onye na-eme mma lekwa ikpere m n'ala! "

The unbelievable happened at that moment; everyone took a bent position as waists began to wriggle to the beat, spines and backs gently arched monotonously to the rhythm of the drums, white handkerchiefs began to fly in the air, feets were digging deep into the dust, and little dance groups were formed as people took turns in dancing to their best. In fact the energy displayed by every part of the body movement was the peak of the iceberg.

As I managed to reduce my tempo so as catch some breathe, I discovered the whole atmosphere was filled with exceptional PRAISE to God.

I really do not have to reaffirm the importance of praise now, but my concern is to judiciously remind some people who have lost the touch of praising God, how possible it is to make God come down from His throne to seek your needs.

DAY 21:

Psalms 150:
3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!
(NKJV)

I guess the whole Psalms 150 summarized the the importance of praise, why we should praise, who we should, and how to go about praising God.

So let's begin now, pick up your phone and select a praise track, or better of, write out some lovely praise songs and happily sing it while you carry out your day's activities. I'd bet you that you won't have a better yesterday.

No more complaints, just praise!

#JustPraise

#Shiningstar

#Emmanuel_Uzim