Chapter 55 - 섬뜩한 (SEOM-TTEUG-HAN)[Uncanny]

Roxi P.O.V

Taehyung and I were walking around the city, just wandering without a destination or plan. He seemed to like improvising, entering different stores and buying a few things here and there while I followed by his side. Right now we were about to head back to the dorms, walking through a few vacant streets before reaching the front.

"Roxi-ah? Can I ask you something?"

"Sure what is it Tae-oppa?"

Tae turns to me as we walked into the elevator."What do you think about marriage?"

I pursed my lips and thought, trying to say how I feel about the subject as best as I could."Marriage is something I'll think about after dating. That's that I guess."

Tae nods, it seems like I didn't answer the question the way he wished me too. I did not wish to elaborate on the subject , the dinging of the elevator was present as I kept wishing that we would reach our floor sooner. That was when the elevator opened and he softly wrapped his hand around my wrist.

"Roxi I need to talk to you over in my room. Please this is very important."Tae says, his eye pleading.

I raise my brow, maybe I shouldn't go, but at the same time this was the same person who wouldn't do anything harmful to me. I nod and follow Tae into his room. Jin greeted us at the door, his eyes slightly widening when he saw Tae. It was his room after all why would he be surprised?

"Hey hyung."Tae smiles, leading me over to his room,"I'm just going to have a talk with Roxi-ah."

"Ah alright."Jin looks at me and smiles,"Yoongi's in your dorm right now just so you know Roxi."

"Yeah I figured."I chuckle.

Tae quickly leads me away into his room, he took a seat on the window sill while I sat on a bean bag across from him. Tae seems to be deep in thought as I wait for him to say something, finally he exhaled and began to pull out something from his pocket. But his arm froze and he bit hit lip. He leaned in, pausing as he was only centimeters away from my lips.

"Roxi, what if I kissed you?"he asked, looking down at my lips."Would you avoid me like how you do Jungkookie-ah?"

I shook my head,"I'd just tell you what I've always told you. That you're a great friend."

Tae looked at me, his strong gaze drilling holes into my head. With that knowledge, Tae didn't hesitate pulling my face towards his and giving me a quick and soft kiss."I'm sorry Roxi-ah. For being a great friend when I can be something more."

"Roxi, I can't hold this back anymore."Tae mumbles, his hands clenched in his jacket pocket."It just doesn't sit right with me. Whenever I see you I just get more and more drowned in my feelings. I want to hold you, I want you to be mine. But at the same time I know my hyungs deserve you more than I do. Even Jungkook deserves you more than I do. Roxi-ah I want to be a friend to you, I want to be your best friend. But I can't deal with my feelings knowing what we could've been."

"Tae-oppa, you know that it was inevitable. Your parents were going to tell you sooner or later. I want to stay friends with you, you're really nice and sweet. And you're always there for me...it's just that I can't think about you being anymore than a friend."I say, seeing Tae blind his eyes with his bangs, his jaw clenching as I spoke.

"Inevitable? Please. What if your parents took a different turn? What if they were a few seconds late to the crash scene? They could've been saved."

"My parents have nothing to do with this."I sigh,"Look, they're dead. What's done is done. These 'what if' questions aren't helping."

"Think hypothetically. Roxi-ah, if your parents were still alive and you and I are to be wed...would you go through with it?"

I really can't get him to understand. I rise up from my seat and walk over to Tae, his eyes watched my every movement, I raise my hand and pat his head. Ruffling his hair as he sat there bewildered.

"Like I could marry someone I've never met. I don't roll that way."I smile, Tae nods and blushes."Tae-oppa, please try to remember that it must be faith that my parents died. I wouldn't've changed anything in that situation. So it just shows that we aren't meant to be a couple."

Tae doesn't respond. I wait for a few moments before I turn and head toward his door, his hand tugging on the back of my shirt and I was pulled into his broad chest. Something about the way he was so desperate and persistent worried me. 

"Then why would our paths cross again? It's uncanny for me to see you again, of all people it just had to be you...You just had to become friends with me."Tae licked his lips and sighed."Please just...think about it."

His eyes were filled with clashing emotions, they showed his pain, his sorrow and uneasiness."Roxi-ah, I just want you to know that I really do love you. No one's ever made me feel this way, if you allowed me to I'd make 'what could've been' a reality."

He slowly leaned in, giving me a soft peck that clashed with his forceful words. As quickly as he leaned in, he pulled away with shaking eyes. I nod, my silent reply was just enough for him to let me go. Maybe if I was more capable of expressing my emotions then I would've been able to tell him that 'what could've been' was just hopeful thinking.

But of course, I just said it in my head.