Chapter 12

I woke up confused and in pain.

In pain because I had a bump on my head the size of the moon, which was probably a souvenir from the fall I experienced when I fainted.

Confused because Riley Matthews, THE Riley Matthews had kissed me.

Farkle Minkus.

I had questions and I needed them answered, I needed them answered ASAP!

At first I thought she was dodging me the entire day but after 10 minutes into detention without her I realised she must've been absent.

Brandon was asleep and Maya and Lucas were talking.

Talking like normal people .

Maya caught me watching them and gestured for me to join the conversation .

"Well Minkus, you are officially the boy with the most unique reaction to seeing me topless," she teased.

"Shut up." Was my oh-so-great comeback as I felt the heat creep up my neck .

"It's okay, I'm pretty blessed if I say so myself." she joked, her laughter soon followed.

"Calm down, they weren't that great," Lucas commented, obviously trying to get a rise out of her.

"Firstly, how would you know you put your hands over your eyes as soon as I lifted my shirt and secondly do you even know what boobs look like?"

Lucas face flushed with what I assumed was embarrassment. "Fuck off."

Maya's face bared a proud smirk.

Ah, they were back .

"Lucas?"

"Huh?"

"Why does Brandon make you so angry? Like usually no matter what you keep your cool but when it comes to Brandon you just lose it, why?" The question had been frustrating me for days and I needed to figure out the answer .

I saw his back tense up and his jaw clench .

"I don't know what you're talking about," He lied.

"Oh I think you do, Ranger Rick. Minkus has a point, Brandon seems to rub you completely the wrong way. I mean I basically get the same treatment but that's probably because I'm the main girl in your mature dreams, but back to Bandon why does he piss you off so much?"

"You're seeing things that aren't there."

"Bullshit," Maya countered.

"He hates me because my mom is the woman his dad left his mom for, and somehow that's my fault," Brandon stated, without a hint of sleepiness in his face or voice.

He was faking?

"How did I not know this?" Maya questioned Brandon.

"Not my secret to tell," Brandon answered,simply.

"Yeah, no shit," Lucas growled.

"The guy's a genius he would've figured it out eventually," Brandon responded.

So Brandon and Lucas are kinda sorta related? What the hell?

The detention room conversations soon fizzled into silence and I was once again alone with my thoughts. With only one thing on my mind, Riley Matthews.

Kissing her felt like euphoria, her lips my utopia. And I wanted to do it again, and again and well, again. I fought hard with the guilt building inside me too, Lucas was kinda my friend and I didn't want to hurt my friends.

I then remembered I had her number after the whole period fiasco and after a 10 minute internal debate I sent her a message.

Farkle : Hey

Riley : Hi

Farkle : So why aren't you at school?

Riley : Needed some time to think about things, we need to talk.

Farkle : My place?

Riley : Sure

I switched my phone off and put it in my pocket, smiling .

Detention couldn't have ended soon enough and as soon as I heard the bell, I bolted .

Sorry for the late update xx
Vote. Comment. Fan. I appreciate literally every read, recommendation, addition to your reading list, follow, comment and vote.
It's tough to judge whether you guys are enjoying it by the number of reads though.

- Cassidy ➶