Chapter 9

Cruella's car passed by, but then came back into the alleyway, ready to get the gang. Kali and Lucky gasped, looking out the window. 

"What do we do now Lucky?" Spotty asked, worried.

Kali and Lucky looked around, then noticed some open windows on the side of a building up above. 

"See those windows. We can reach them from the upper deck" Lucky said.

"Come on!" The twins helped lead the puppies up to the second floor of the bus and out the windows.

"You guys go on ahead, we'll hold them off" Lucky told the others while he and Kali came to the door. 

"Somehow" Lucky then gulped, suddenly growing nervous. 

Kali and Lucky then came out and started barking at Cruella's gang, but Lucky's barks came out as squeaks. Cruella and her minions all laughed at the dalmatian pup. Cruella then used Kali's crystal again to make a crowbar appear in her hand, she was planing to hurt the pups with it.

Kali gasped, when Lucky jumped in front of her, protecting her while growling at the bad guys. He tried barking again when suddenly, everyone heard a famous and familiar bark. 

Everyone turned to see Thunderbolt appear on top of the car. Lars was nearby and gave the wonder dog a thumbs up before he drove off. Thunderbolt came to Kali and Lucky's sides. 

"How ya doing kid?" He grinned at the dalmatian pup. 

"But... But we thought-" Lucky and Kali started, confused.

"Come on, haven't you seen the show? I always arrive just in the nick of time" The german shepherd told Lucky and Kali, making them both smile. 

"Well, we're glad you're here" Kali told the TV star dog. 

"Look, I may not be a real hero. But I can act like one" The german shepherd winked at the two pups. 

Thunderbolt barked at the villains when Lightning crawled out from under the bus and saw what was going on. Jasper then came at Thunderbolt with the crowbar, about to hit him. 

"Lightning, don't let them hurt me!" Thunderbolt gasped, coming over to the corgi, seeming scared now.   

Thunderbolt suddenly grabbed his chest, pretending to have a heart attack, before he fell to the ground next to the corgi. "Lightning... this might be the end"

Thunderbolt started howling, acting all delusional like he was dying, but really he wasn't. 

"Wow, Thunderbolt sure is a method actor" The twins thought, watching from up in the windows with the other pups. 

"Uh, is he okay?" Carlos asked his mother, confused with the seemingly dying german shepherd. 

"Give me that!" Cruella snatched the crowbar from Jasper and went to knock Thunderbolt out. "I'll put this mongrel out of his misery!"

Cruella tried to hit Thunderbolt with the crowbar but he kept willingly dodging her. Cruella ended up hitting Jasper and Horace instead, knocking them out while Lucky went to help his brothers and sisters escape. 

Cruella then tried to hit Thunderbolt again, but missed and fell into a trashcan. While this was all happening, Kali came over to Lightning, who was watching Thunderbolt assumingly die. 

"You know, if you wanted some attention on the show, you could've just asked" Kali told the corgi. 

"Oh really, how?" Lightning scowled a little at her, since humans couldn't understand dogs.