Choosing a Side

The day finally came for Raito to meet with Soul and get a better understanding of this new world he was going to be a part of. The second Raito's alarm went off he quickly jumped out of bed and began to get ready. He picked out his outfit and wondered about the kind of person Soul was.

How would Soul change his mind? Would he be like Flight? How long has Soul been a Gif? These thoughts and many more ran through his head.

Even if Soul was able to change his mind. At least Raito was able to make a friend from this whole situation. Raito's mother had never seen him as happy and full of smiles ever since he met Flight. She had always worried about Raito. Being a military child wasn't easy and made it difficult for him to make any permanent friends.

Raito tried to finish his breakfast as fast as he could. He coughed a few times because he wasn't chewing enough and the food was starting to choke him. The doorbell rang and Raito's mother answered the door to meet Flight for the first time.

"Hello, my name is Flight. I'm here for Raito." Flight immediately won over Raito's mother with a simple greeting and a smile. Seeing a handsome man with a charming smile and pleasant-sounding voice melted her heart. Wanting to make a good impression herself, she tried to introduce herself the best she could.

"Hi. Oh ummm, my name...is...Ringo. I ummm heard. Much about. You! I go...get Raito." Jun stuttered. She wanted to make sure Flight understood her before inviting him into the house.

Raito had put away his dishes and ran out the door but not before giving his mom a goodbye hug. "Sorry mom! Don't have time to chat, we have plans."

"So where exactly are we going?" Asked Raito.

"You brought a mask with you like I told you too, right?" Flight responded back with.

"Yah! It's right here. I bought a simple plastic one from a dollar store. No point in wearing the one I made if I can't wear the whole outfit." Raito said as he showed Flight the mask.

Flight looked around the area before grabbing Raito's arm and pulled him into a nearby alley. Flight then put on his own mask. "Flying will be faster than going by car. Especially since I can't have you driving with a blindfold on."

"Why would I wear a blindfold!?" Raito yelled in confusion.

"Shhhhhh! Don't be so loud. I can't have someone know the location of the leader of the Alliance when they're not apart of it." Flight said as he snapped his fingers.

"Alliance?"

"Put your mask on and make sure you hold on to me. We're going to first get high into the air to make it harder for people to see us." Flight explained as both of them started to float into the air.

"Is this a bad time to mention I hate heights?" Raito asked while putting on his mask.

With another snap of his fingers. Flight and Raito accelerated into the sky at a faster pace. The fastest Flight could move in the air was about 25 miles per hour. Not as fast as a car on the highway but the ability to not be restricted to the road balanced it out.

"I thought you said you couldn't control your speed when flying!" Raito screamed as he held on tightly to Flight's arm.

"I can't really but for some reason the higher I'm in the sky. The faster I'm able to move. A Gift's power requires a lot of trial and error remember?"

The journey felt like it took hours but really it only took about 30 minutes to reach the area. Because of the extreme height that they were both flying in. Raito was completely lost and had no idea that Soul just so happened to live in the same state as he did. He continued to survey the area, trying to get a better understanding of where he was. Directly in front of him was a large white building. The entire area was also deserted as if the house was in the middle of nowhere.