15 +

///

I didn't know what to do, or what to say. I could feel my jaw clenching as I gripped the fabric of the sofa tightly.

'You need to talk with Yugyeom, please. Just hang out with him talk things out.' Mark explained, and took your hand is his in a friendly way.

'I don't...' I trailed off. I didn't want to talk with him, but I knew it was inevitable.

'I don't know, Mark. I don't have a reason to talk with him, all I have to do is finish the duet dance and we're strangers.' I finished, not even sparing a glance to Yugyeom.

'Come on, I know you still want to be friends with him. Deep inside, you miss him. That's why you've been sulking, am I right? Come on Hayoon, you know you still want to be friends with him. Plus, you still have your dance team.' Mark stated calmly while I sighed, finally glancing at Yugyeom.

'I don't get why you want us to hang out, Mark. I don't make him happy. I annoy him. I'm a bother. He probably doesn't even want to see me.' I knew what I was saying as completely irrational since he wanted to talk to me this morning, but I couldn't help the exasperation in my voice.

'Please, Hayoon. You can guys can even just be dance leaders who run the dance team, but please at least talk to him.' Mark pleaded, and gave me his puppy dog eyes.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and looked at Yugyeom, who nervously looked back at me. My heart stupidly raced and I hated how my feelings for him remained so strong. No matter what he has said to me, I still feel the same way.

'I just... fine.' I finally said, and Yugyeom eyes shined and Mark had a happy grin on his face.

'We're only dance leaders though, nothing else.' I added sternly, and they nodded in sync.

'We know,' Mark said, 'But I'm happy that you agreed to give Yugyeom some way of hanging out with you.' He smiled and stood up from my couch.

'We'll see you tomorrow.' Yugyeom said in a quiet voice as he left with Mark.

Once I heard the door close, I stared at the spot where they were sitting. Was I really doing this? Am I really letting myself back into Yugyeom's life, even as dance leaders? I sighed to myself and went to my room, not bothering to think about it any longer.

///

The weather has gotten chillier and more leaves littered the street as I walked to the dance building. It towered over the people who passed by and ever since a few months ago, I dreaded seeing Yugyeom.

I went up to my desired floor and walked to our dance room. The door opened, and Hoseok dashes over to me. He seemed worried, but slightly annoyed at the same time.

'What's up with you and Yugyeom? You guys have been so distant. You aren't as enthusiastic as you used to be and you barely talk with Yugyeom. Is everything okay between you two?' He asked.

'Yeah, there's not thing to worry about. We're fine. We already have everything set for the duet dance.' I replied with a strained smile, and he sighed before walking away.

Suddenly, Yugyeom barged into the room. I could hear his heavy breathing from here, and I turned to see something different. His hair was yellow. A bright shade of yellow that made him stand out of the natural blacks and dark browns. I raised an eyebrow at him, but I felt myself slightly attracted to his new hair color.

'What'd you do with your hair?' I asked him as he walked over to me.

'I bleached it. It turned out better than expected.' He breathed out a smile, and I had to clear my throat in case I stuttered.

'You look like a stoplight.' I scoffed at him and he pouted.

'Whatever, lets just practice.' He grumbled and I had to hold back a fond grin.

'Dance partners, remember Hayoon. You can't be anything more, and Mark won't allow you to be anything less. Did you really want to be anything less though?'

I sighed and went over to stand in front of the mirror with Yugyeom, our backs reflecting on the mirror.

'Alright guys, today it's just going to be practice. We've already mastered the dance, there's just some parts that we need to get cleaner and more synchronized on. Okay?' Yugyeom said so that everyone could hear.

'Yes!' They cheered in enthusiasm.

'Okay then, let's start!' I smiled and turned on the music.

///

a/n : im super sorry i didn't update in twelve years. school is stressful and i recently started editing so oops. i hope y'all can understand and i promise that there will be a longer chapter next time.