Part 2: life After Death

I was 14 when I first learned to drive. And 15 when I got my license. I was so scared to drive, that I drive my car until I was 17. I guess I was afraid to crash or something like that.
But when I was 17, my junior year, that's when I first met Mason. So one day he asked me to the movies. I told him to meet me there. So at 11 I left my front door and walked to my car. I only started driving because he made me not scared. But now he's gone and so am I.

December 5, 5:59 am

The police took about 10 minutes to get to the crash. The driver who crashed into john, his name was Tom. Was arrested for driving under the influence and murder.
When the firefighters arrived they had to flip the car back over and break the door off to get John out.
They threw his keys, phone and wallet into a clear bag and put it in the back of a police car.
They unbuckled john from his seat. And pulled his body out of the car and laid him on the ground on top of a black corpses bag. The paramedics bent down and shunned a bright light into his eyes.
"He's gone." Said the paramedics
The paramedics closed his eyes and closed the black corpses bag. They carried johns dead body off.
As the ambulance drove away. Johns phone lit up with a incoming call from "Mason"
The cop answered it.
"Hello... yes hi, there's been an accident."

I'm too gone from this world.

John awoke in his bed. It was morning. The sun was coming in through the window.
The tv was still on from last night. But everything seemed different. Johns bed room had a "glowing" feeling to it.
He walked into the living room/ kitchen to find a desk in the middle of the rooms. Everything else in the rooms were gone. No couch, tv, oven, nothing but that desk.

"Hello" said a deep voice. But it wasn't a harsh voice. It was soft but deep. Calming almost.
John jumped and turned around.
"Fuck, you scared me."
In front of john was a figure in black. The figure had no face.
John was nervous. "Who... who are you?"

The figure walked to the desk and sat down.
"I'm death. The Grimm reaper. Your best friend. Please sit."
Death held his hand out to the chair that magical appeared behind John.
John sat down and looked closely at death.
"Your really death, like the real real death. Or is his just a dream?" Asked john
"This, said death, is no dream. You died. And now I'm here to decide what happens to you."
John looked like he just saw a ghost, well more like he was staring death in the face.
"I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. Am I really dead? And why do you look exactly like how they depict you in movies as a creature with no face with just a dark hood?" Asked john
"Think of someone you miss. That you miss so much that you wish you could see one last time. Who do you pick?" Death looked at John.
"Really, really think."
"I wish I could see Mason one more time." Said john
Slowly informs of John, deaths dark face and hands slowly started glowing in a white powerful light and started to blind john.
John closed his eyes.
"Go ahead, open your eyes."

John did what he was told and opened his eyes to see that the dark created turned into a man. It was Mason.
"What, said john, Mason is that really you?"
No, said death, when you first meet me, and this happens to everyone, I turn into the creature you wish to see again. I'm here to make you feel comfortable until you go to heaven. This is basically limbo until I decide what happens to you. Whether you go to heaven or hell."
"Am I going to hell?"
"No said death, but let me watch what happened to you. Why you are here."

Death waved his hands over the desk and informs of both of them appeared a small tv with a DVD player and I disc that says, "John Blues death. 12/5/99 at 5:42 am.
Death picked up the disc and put it in the player.
"Is this, said john, how I died?

  Death looked to him and said yes.
  "This is how you died. It was a terrible twist of fate, and I'm sorry this happened"
John was always told that death never had a soul and he didn't feel emotions, cause if he did, he couldn't do this job. And he would just become another lost soul trying to find home again, but can't.
But there was something, a look that was on his face. It also looked like death was sorry.
But why him. What did john do to get death to look at him like that.

"I, said john, don't want to see it. All I need to know is that I died, and that I'm gone from that world."

Death looked john, now deaths face changes back to his original state.
"I bet you would love for him to walk through that door again, said death. " I bet your scared, but your not going to admit that."
John looked at death.
"I would do anything for that one more time, said john.

Death walked to the kitchen. He looked at the refrigerator and found an old calendar. The calendar had the years 1991-1992.
"If you could pick a day, any day at all to relive one more day, what would it be?"
John looked at death, "well if I had to pick one, it would be Christmas. Christmas is my favorite season. Everything about Christmas I just love, from shopping, to the lights to the people."

"I can't help, but to fell something for you. Something I've never felt before. So I'm going to give you a gift, before you officially pass over to the other side, said death.

Johns eyes opened widely. "What?"

"I'm going to let you relive one day one last time. So pick any day and you'll go back to that time." Death looked at john, "any date."

"Really, you would do that? Asked john.

"Yes, you feel unfinished."

John stood up, "December 24, 1993 at 5:45 pm please."

Death looked at john, "and so it shall be, but there's 3 rules:
First: you only have 24 hours
Second: you can't change time, so anything that happened must happen again. You must live through it again.
And finally: when I tell you it's time to go, you must go.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much." Said john

Death looked at John, "don't thank me yet."
Death walked to the front door, opened it and walked away. Leaving John standing there in the room alone.

Waiting...