Chapter 3

They arrived in a remote clearing far from where they came and the doors of the jet opened the moment they landed, revealing the lush greenery of the forest with a light breeze greeting their faces. The boys guided both the girls out into the fresh air, and Acacia looked around trying to find a route leading her away from there, but there was none. The trees towered over them, the tops had almost seemed that they were touching the sky. Acacia and Lydia obediently followed the boys and entered the base that looked like a giant metal dome made unidentified metal parts. The interior was extremely large and seemed as if it had as many doors as there were numbers. The corridors were dimly lit and long, sometimes with sofas against the pale beige walls, and the floor was layered with a red carpet. They finally arrived in a brightly lit hall with stained glass and two tables with tucked in chairs surrounding them.

"Have a seat." The guy with jet black hair said as he set himself on a table top and propped his legs onto a chair nonchalantly. Both Lydia and Acacia responded accordingly and took a seat. "What's the extra girl doing here?"

"I asked you if I could take her with me and you said I could!" The guy with blonde hair stepped defensively into the light.

"I said you could do whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you could take extra baggage." Lydia's eyes furrowed in annoyance at his passing comment as she folded her arms defensively against her chest.

"Isn't that the same thing?" The golden haired boy protested, reaching to scratch the nape of his neck. Seth sighed and turned to face the girls.

"My name is Seth. This is Hunter and that's Martin." He gestured to the blonde then the brunette. Acacia's eyes followed as they both waved. "Acacia will be staying here under our protection from he outside forces." His green eyes glinted as the rays of light reflected off them. His eyes met Acacia's for a brief moment before she quickly shifted her gaze to something else in the room.

"What about me?" Lydia asked in concern.

"Ask Hunter." Seth replied coldly. "Either way, both of you will come here tomorrow morning. Martin, start up the force fields. Hunter, give your girl a room. Acacia, follow me." Acacia hesitated, but stood obediently and followed the raven haired boy out of the hall, taking her bag with her.

Most of the journey to Acacia's room was in silence, with only the sound of shuffling feet echoing off the walls. They finally arrived at a white wooden door. Seth reached for the knob and turned it slowly, pushing the door inwards to reveal a neat bed room with a dresser and a bathroom door. The floor was layered with a white carpet and the bed had a light blue blanket with fluffy pillows. The window was covered with a black curtain with a closet next to it. The dresser was next to the white bathroom door and the room was the lightest shade of blue possible. Fairy lights were hung along the bed frame, the dresser and the bathroom door.

"You'll be staying here in the meantime." Seth strolled into the room as Acacia put her bag down on the dresser, and looked around in awe at how aesthetic it was. It was very different from the room she had spent her sixteen years in. "It has everything you could need inside." She looked into her own eyes in the reflection of the mirror wondering how she ended up with a bunch of guys and one other girl in a secret hideout so far away from civilisation.

"For how long?" Acacia turned around as soon as she saw Seth's tall built reflection in the mirror. Their eyes met and once again, but this time she didn't turn away. It was as if time had stopped in that moment, she could no longer hear her own breathing or her thoughts, just a pair of piercing green eyes that she couldn't help looking into. The clock in the room continued to tick as the time passed and suddenly, Seth took a few steps in her direction.