one shot #1

[ Warning! Death! Angst ]

 [ Saihara's perspective ]

The war between the despairs and hope is still ongoing. I gulped as I loaded my Remington 870. I brushed my bangs to the side as a comrade have already fallen. The darkness fell upon us as the clouds were merely strokes of our darkened hearts as the shooting of bullets started to increase. The war was never ending. More countless lives die off for unknown reasons With no understanding of what is the main point and reason behind it. I was dazing off in space. When will the sun ever shine down upon us..? I didn't even like the colors that coated this entire land. I kept silent after all as the bullets continued to graze the air quietly. The question still lingers in my mind as I gulped having a bullet graze my shoulder as I breathed heavily. The injuries are nothing. For the sake of the country, I still have to fight. The unlucky ones died while the lucky ones are still struggling.

Bruises, Suffering, the misery that filled everyone completely. No one have a light of happiness hidden in side of them. All I can do right now, is to survive as long as I can. I hid behind a tree stump with my heart beating as fast as possible. I felt terrible for taking the lives of families and friends. But I can't do anything right now. The chokes of saliva and blood spurting out on the once farming grounds. It was an extremely disgusting color. I don't even know why the life right now have come right upon us. I wished that the war ended in a day or so. Or even yet, never even happened. Piled bodies seems to cuddle up nearby with pained expressions. I winced slightly at the gruesome sight. I never even liked it one bit. It was never part of my schedule. To kill off so many people who would have been living great lives with their friends and families. And now they lay there while the soil is feasting on them.

I kept silent once again as I struggled to snipe as many people down as possible. I continued to shoot until I got the command to move on. I glanced at the commander who was Maki Harukawa. She was cold hearted but she was a great warrior and a soldier on the battlefield. Without her, the army wouldn't survive as long as 6 years. She was the key of success to this army. I glanced around as I am near a river now. Then I proceeded to lock my finger onto the trigger and the noises started to fill my ears. It was never a pleasant noise I wanted to hear. I wished for the time to start reversing itself. I can't exactly understand why the despair and the hope keep fighting against each other. Swords against swords. Guns against guns. I felt a body plop down right next to me almost making me scream at the sight. The gruesome murders.

Humans are sometimes the worst kind of people when it comes to war. I shuffled my feet together nervously as I continued shooting. The never ending sounds of gun shots, clashing blades, and the men screams was the only thing that haunts my mind. The only true giver of nightmares was death itself. I eyed around the place as I noticed Ouma Kokichi near me. I smiled back at him. He might be a lying soldier. One of a kind, he was also still human like us after all. I can't exactly be quiet on the fact when he is also a cheerful person. Masks they hide by, as a lie detector, I knew the fact Ouma doesn't like the battlefield. All I heard was a scream as I see Ouma holding his shoulder in pain only for his hands to get coated with his own blood. I panicked as I went to go treat his injury by ripping the fabric on my uniform and patched it up. Then I went to stand up and start shooting. The courage was flooding in my veins as I see someone pointing a gun at me. It went so fast but in a slow pace but I knew... my eyes will be loaded with tears later on. " OUMA-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

I screamed in agony as I see Ouma standing right in front of me with arms embracing me into a tight hug. He pulled back with a smile. The only smile that he can muster as I fell onto his knees. The dark thoughts started to fill my mind as I cried even harder then usual. Ouma then glanced at me with a heart warming smile still on his face as he fell slumped into my arms. He was shot in the stomach... if I can be fast enough... then I can get him patched up...! I tried to lift him up but the injuries I have recently got have prevented me to start moving on. More tears continued to pool up as I continued to cry over his weak and pale body. Is he going to live..?! The salt from my tears stained his injuries as he grunted slightly from the pain. I almost panicked for a moment.

" O-Ouma-kun!! A-are you alright?! " I asked quietly trying to rip up more of my uniform and going to patch his injuries up. The fallen soldier can merely put his own cold hand onto my cheek with the same heart warming smile. I don't understand... why is he still smiling when he just recently got shot..? I wanted to go on a rampage. Killing off everyone. The loved one... the lost ones. They continued on to drop down with honored bouquets full of pure white lilies, daisies, and roses. The flowers have so much definitions. The graves that is planted over their bodies is something I wish to never see once again. The soldier was also crying too, coughing up blood. I know what his smile is trying to say now. ' I also wanted to live... but I wanted to protect you... '

He doesn't understand how it feels to go lose someone to you. The heart inside of me were clenched between both of my lungs as I continued on panting. He doesn't know how I feel... He doesn't even know why...! Ouma continued on coughing slightly as the tears continued to pool up coloring the grounds full of red and puddles with a darker shade. His mouth was moving, I knew he wanted to say something. The battle was still raging on so the time is ticking in our hands. Tick tock is what the clock loves to chime every single time. " S-Saihara-chan.... y-you n-need to ke-keep moving... I-I don't t-think I-I can last.... " His whimpers were saying that he was afraid. He doesn't want to die as well. I can definitely understand that. The pain of dying, the feeling of your soul literally leaving your entire body. It felt very painful. Ouma continued on crying giving the same cocky, cheerful, and yet pained expression.I hugged him into my chest sobbing into his shoulders. I was begging that he can fight death. He was a brave soldier. He is very strong. The words I continued to sputter out makes me feel even more useless. He placed his hand on mine and placed it to my heart. " I-it's beating.... very clearly... I f-feel slightly more warmer in your arms, S-Saihara-chan... " Ouma was still smiling. A lie that can be easily seen past through. He was an experienced liar and is very hard to read until he lives. I can only glance at him once again as I lifted him onto my shoulders. Then I continued on to fight everyone else with my Glock 26. With my fury and rage passing through me and filling my veins, I was the one with the cold heart. The blood was decorating my pale skin but I kept silent as I glanced at Ouma with a soft smile as I laid him down on the ground giving him a wilted lily nearby onto his chest.

" Ouma-kun... what do you wish for..? " I asked softly. The male then stood up quietly still dying. The war is already over. The despairs have already retreated. The male then went to the river as he glanced back with a bright and cheerful smile. The probably last one I will see forever. He then fell back as I screamed at him with tears pooling down. I saw him mumbled the words as i clutched onto my hat to my chest as I screamed painfully letting my emotions around me. The cool water then splashed all over me. I remembered he whispered. ' I wish for you to love me, Saihara-chan... '

I merely stood at the edge of the flood as I smiled brightly laughing that I lived but the cries were full of pain. The weapons I held in my hands merely made me smile greatly. I whispered some words too as I knew I can't see him smiling anymore. The words I said was merely ' I wish for you to love me too, Ouma-kun.... I wished for you to live... '

I glanced to see the night of clouds was falling. I caught a glimpse of a shooting star as the skies were now filled with brilliant colors. It faded the dark black. I can finally get a reason to smile. Then I noticed a flower as I picked it up and laid it in front of the river. The smile never left me as the tears continued on to fall. I don't want to move... I want to see Ouma-kun once again. I felt a pair of hands touched my shoulders as I glanced around. No one... it was probably my imagination. I walked off only to hear a familiar giggle and the simple name.

" Saihara-chan!!! " Then the voice ran off waving his hand behind me. I never glanced back but I knew that Ouma was watching over me up there with a greeting smile and waving his hands up.