Chapter 8: Confused Feelings

Yazz's P.O.V.

   Right now I'm on my way to go get Ray. The weird thing about all of this, is I have a girlfriend, but I'm sort of starting to look at Ray in a different way. Don't get me wrong, I love Jamila, but it's just something about Serayah. It's like she's always on my mind. Jamila doesn't like her, which I don't understand, because Ray is really nice to her. What am I saying? I love Jamila and only Jamila. I can't possibly love another woman! I'm not like that; I'm not a heartbreaker! I can't be a heartbreaker! I have to stop thinking that way about Ray! I turn to look outside of my window and see a pair of elders looking at me. I faked a smile and waved, but they only started driving away. Was I yelling at myself? I shook my head and just continued driving to the hotel.

*25 Minutes Later*

   I'm now in front of the hotel waiting for Ray. I was on my phone scrolling through Instagram, when all of a sudden I heard voices. Ray stood there in front of the hotel with some black leggings and a white long sleeve crop top. Her hair was curly as usual, but instead of it being long and down, she had it in a bun. Now usually she would look gorgeous, but TODAY, she looked beautiful. I noticed that she was walking towards the car, so I unlocked it.

   "Good morning." I gave a small smile, while driving off. She gave me one back, but hers was smaller than mine. I wondered why she was acting weird?

   "Good morning." Okay, it may be that I'm tripping or not, but is it just me or did I really just hear her say that in a curt way? I only continued driving, since I didn't want us to be awkward again.

   "You hungry?" I asked, while pulling up to Starbucks. She just shook her head and pulled out her phone. I wanted to ask her what was wrong with her, but I decided against it. All of a sudden, right when I was about to leave Starbucks, her stomach starts growling. I looked at her and even though she wasn't looking at me, I could tell that she was avoiding my look.

   "Why you just lied?" I asked, as I parked the car. She was still typing away on her phone, so I took it from her. That way, she can really hear me.

   "What Yazz?" She said in an annoyed way. What is up with her? She hasn't been like this, but it's like now she doesn't even want to be bothered.

   "What is up with you? Why you just lied?" I asked again, as I turned towards her. She was looking out the window, while her arms crossed over her chest.

   "Lie about what?" She skipped over the first question, but it's cool, because I'm just going to ask her about it later.

   "About you not being hungry. Seriously Ray, what's up with you?" I asked out of concern for my friend. I'm worried about Ray. I mean yesterday we was cool and alright, but today it's like a switch been flipped off or something.

   "Nothing Yazz. Now can we just go to Empire?" She avoided it again and I got a feeling that what's ever she got going on with her, has something to do with me. Why can't she just tell me? What is  so "bad" that she won't tell?

   "So, you don't want any Starbucks?" I asked, while she just continued looking out her window. The silence was honestly killing me, but I couldn't do anything at the moment, because she was being so stubborn and most of the time, she is stubborn, so I just decided to let it be for now.

*30 Minutes Later*

   We just pulled up to Empire and I got out the car to close my door and was about to do the same for Ray, until I saw her hurrying out of the car. I was just so confused, but I just let it go for now.

   "Yazz! Over here!" As I was about to walk to the practice room, I turned to my left to see my homeboy Jay. I looked back at Ray, yet only to see her walking and also looking ahead. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked over to where Jay was.

Serayah's P.O.V.

   I know I was probably being rude and all, but I can't talk to him right now. Even though, I have to work with him in the next hour. I may be developing feelings and the way I see it, that can't happen, because I'm NOT trying to destroy my career or us possibly getting into a relationship, especially since he has a girlfriend. I just don't get down like that, especially with a friend. If you're a friend, you're just going to be and stay a friend. That's why I'm trying to get rid of these stupid feelings. I would ask Daniels, but I know it wouldn't happen. 2 reasons: 1, he doesn't seem like the nice type and 2, it's too early; meaning this is our first and ONLY episode that's already been aired. The people only had a taste of what's about to come and I can't just take "a little" break for something irrelevant. Anyways, today is the day the first episode is coming out! I'm so excited, it's ridiculous!

   "Serayah? Serayah? Serayah?! Are you okay?" I turn to my left to see Taraji looking at me with a worried face. I hurriedly gave a smile to reassure her that I'm okay, even though I knew she didn't buy it. Even though I was mega excited about our first episode, I still couldn't shake the idea of my feelings for Yazz.

   "Yeah. I'm good." I said, while staring at Yazz talking to some Mexican guy. He was smiling, which showed his dimples and that made me go crazy. I hurriedly turned my head, so I couldn't think about kissing him or doing ANYTHING else to him. I turned only to see Taraji walking away.

   "Raj! Where you going?" She turned around, while I gave her a confused look.

   "To the practice room!" She exclaimed, while turning back around. Hold up! What time is it? I pulled up my sleeve, checking my watch for the time, which indeed read: 9:57 am. Yep! It's time for me to head down there as well!

*5 Hours Later*

   We've been working for 5 hours and our break has just begun. I'm sitting on a sofa by myself, because I don't want to be bothered and I just need time to think to myself. However, SOMEONE didn't understand that, since Yazz still sat next to me.

   "Ray?" I didn't turn to his voice, because I didn't feel like talking. Basically, I was just going to ignore him or at least try to.

   "Ray?" This time, however, he got a little too close to my face and I could smell his minty breath. I tried so hard to not look at his lips and I somewhat succeeded as I heard a frustrated sigh.

   "Are you serious?" He got mad and annoyed, as he stood up.

   "You know, u being so childish and petty about something that u won't even tell me about. So u know what? Come find me when u ready to act mature." With that being said, Yazz left. I just sat there thinking 'maybe I am taking this too far over something petty.' Ugh! I should just talk this through with him. He did have a point after all.

*9 Hours Later*

   I'm on my way walking to my car, when I spot the one person I need to talk to. Not wasting any time, I hurriedly walk over to that person and block him from getting into his car. He looks at me with a pissed off and annoyed face, but that doesn't stop me from saying what I have to say.

   "Look, I know I was being petty, but I was just going through stuff and have my mind on things that's eating it out. I didn't mean to take it out on you, okay? I'm sorry." I rushed out, while he stood looking at me with an unreadable expression, until I felt him hug me.

   "It's alright. I know." I wanted to run, as soon as I felt them arms around me. I couldn't do it though, since his grip was really tight. At the same time too, it made me want to grab him and kiss him all over. Before I can think any further however, I turned around to walk to my car to go home. Even when I tried to clear him out of my head, I only start to think about him more. 'Lord...what is this man doing to me?' I thought, while pulling out of the parking garage.