Part 1

The pub was full of creatures from all around the world, two of which were human. The one that stood out most was Redd, a Sorcerer by the age of 17 and his annoying step sister, Harietta, a wizard who was 27.

Two dwarves sat by the two, chugging on their rather large goblets of rum. They were speaking in their native language when they got into a whisper, seizing as they laughed. One peered over his shoulder with a blood shot eye, the other asking for another refill for the two.

The one looking at Redd leaned as far as his upper torso allowed him towards Redd, saliva pearling through his beard and a glossy covering on his lower lip. "Hey," he was speaking in Common, the language everyone knows. "You look like a wizard. Do a magic trick." His friend turned back to Redd and laughed while looking intently, his drinking problem getting the best of him.

Redd looked over at the dwarf, setting down his goblet of water, giving the drunk half-sized human a threatening glare, his eyes flashing scarlet red for show.

"Yeah you," said the dwarf. "You know magic," he chuckled. "Show me and me mate here some."

Harietta wasn't paying attention, she was too busy looking at a map with an elf next to her, trying to find the best wizard library in these parts of the woods.

Redd's hand gave a small wave and the dwarfs just poured drink was flipped and splashed all over him, his worn clothes staining with the gold rum that ran down his front.

The dwarf spit out the beverage from his lungs and began to cry with laughter, pounding the counter with his steak sized fists.

"That's a good one!" They cried. (Redd sighed and swigged the last of his water as if it itself was a shot of rum.)

At that very moment a man came bursting through the front entrance of the pub. "Help!" He cried, the leather to his jacket ripped and his pants torn. "Help me!"

Then a gnome close behind came rushing through the door. "I saw him first!" He raised his hand with his chest puffed out and his lips pursed. There was complete silence until the gnome freaked out from the attention and ran himself out the door, dropping a brown flower on the wooden floor that bounced out of his backpack.

"I swear the people in this village are lunatics," Redd sighed.

Harietta wasn't listening, she thanked the elf then closed the map and stuck it into her pocket.

"What is it?" She asked.

The man came running over, pulling on Harietta's long robes. "It's my daughter, she's been captured!"

"Captured?" Asked a large bird like human, her voice was calm but noble sounding, she pulled out her sword halfway in a defensive stance. "Captured by who?"

The man gulped, turning to the large human-bird, his face dirty and his hair covered with dirt. "An ogre. Last night. In our cottage. Just up the hill," he threw a shaking thumb over his shoulder, looking at the wall as his house was in that general direction.

The bird moved closer, "where did they go?"

"I don't know. The ogre attacked late in the night and took her."

"Was he alone?" Asked Harietta.

"No, but I didn't know what the thing was that accompanied the ogre. All I know is that is was much smaller but carried a staff and was covered in all black robes."

"Warlock?" Asked Harietta.

"No, it was..." He was knocked up side the head by one of the drunk dwarves. "Yes! What do I win?" He smiled.