Part 2

Redd and Kalal looked at Harietta curiously as she walked past them. Wrenn on the other hand was nibbling on the flower he once offered Kalal and was doing cartwheels behind them, picking up flowers as he went.

Redd spoke to the nearly 7 foot giant that was Kalal. "Some group we formed to save a girl huh?"

Kalal didn't say anything. She merely put her sword back into its holder and followed Harietta close behind.

Redd sighed once more and padded up the small hill, Wrenn making his own way up the hill by pouncing around like a fox and catching more and more flowers.

The group didn't walk for long. They still had sun light for another two hours according to the shadows that the trees had cast across the land.

When they came across a fork in the road, that's when trouble brewed.

"Which way?" asked Harietta who was still leading.

Kalal turned her large eagle head, looking in the three directions. "I don't know."

The three routes were the typical you'd find in a children's book. One route was dark. One was bright and sunny. And the last, foggy. Though who knew where the fog would come from.

"Where is that fog coming from?" Redd murmured to himself. He looked in the fog intently as he saw a shadow flash between the trees. "Uh, guys?"

Harietta turned to her step brother. "Yes brother?"

Redd's eyes flash scarlet red threateningly, hating the word "brother" when his step sister said it.

"Oh don't get your magic in a twist. What is it?" She padded over to him.

"Nothing," Redd hissed.

At that moment another problem occurred. It seemed as though the shadow that flashed between the trees wasn't a harmless doe looking for food, but a goblin on a warg.

"We've got company," Kalal pulled out her sword and stood, ready to fight.

"What?" Harietta turned to meet the goblin's gaze as he shot an arrow that gave a small whistle as it was airborne before nicking her shoulder. "Dammit!" she cried, holding her bloody shoulder with a hand.

Redd saw as rosie red blood trickled down Harietta's arm, he did nothing.

"How's this!" Cried Wrenn, focused and throwing his arms in a magical way that Redd couldn't understand.

Redd and Harietta looked up and saw as a thorned vine came shooting out of the ground and wrapping itself around a tree branch, grabbing the goblin around the shoulders from below.

"Gah!" It writhed with pain from the small thorn spears piercing his pale green skin.

The warg on the other hand wasn't having it. It scraped its massive claws against the dirt before giving a mighty howl for backup. Two more showed up as the warg started to charge at Kalal.

Kalal spread her wings to make herself look bigger than she already was as she heavily flapped them to push herself away from the warg's deadly bite. Drool marked the ground where Kalal just was. "Take this!" Kalal yelled in a war cry as she made another movement by running beside the warg and slicing its side.

The warg gave an agony cry.

"Back to hell you go!" Kalal had unsheathed her sword and drew her bow, sending an arrow right through the warg's head.