The Bossman

Roughly 10,000 Feet Above the Girl

"Weiss! Oh man bad news, the bossman wants you in his office right away!" A guy with blonde hair came rushing into a small room, slamming the door hard enough to shake the whole plane.

Weiss looked up from her laptop wide-eyed, "Don't break the plane! Tell him I'm on my way." She shook her head and brushed the outlying strands of white hair from her face. "I didn't even know he was on this mission."

She stood up and collected herself before exiting her room. All eyes looked towards her, making her short stroll feel like the green mile, but for all she knew, it could very well be. She reached the end of a short hallway and pushed open a cedar wood door, careful not to smudge the gold border around the handle. "You asked to see me sir?"

"Weiss, I am astounded. Have a seat." The man was large in every way possible – especially his waistline. His eyes bore holes into Weiss as she took her seat across the desk from him, careful to not meet his gaze for too long. "You've managed to mess up every god damn mission we've been on. It's a wonder you're still in this company to begin with."

Weiss nodded silently.

The man sighed, "I had planned to fire you right here and now, but that Jaune fellow has a silver tongue. He convinced me to let you try one more mission to prove yourself."

"I won't let you down sir!" Weiss suddenly straightened up, saluting the man, whose mustache twitched in anger.

"The problem for you is the mission will be assigned randomly – the next thing a person wishes for will be your mission." The boss pulled an electronic tablet out from under his desk, "And that means anything. No questions asked."

"But sir, aren't there rules against what people can wish for? We have a whole list, like no sexual acts and no violence!" Weiss shivered. She remembered the girl who had caused the enactment of the 'No Sexual Acts' rule; she was never the same after her mission. "Surely those are still in effect here, right?"

"Any. Wish."

Weiss nodded, eyes wide in fear. Millions of people wish for things every day, she thought, what could the next wish possibly be? Where would it be from? Who would make it?

"The next wish we receive from the island of Patch will be hardlined directly to your laptop – nobody else will see it or know if it." The boss sighed and leaned back in his chair, which whined under his incredulous weight. "Good luck."