CINDERELLA AU

Hinata huffed as he carried two large buckets of milk into the house. His muscles strained, but he managed to set them on the ground in the kitchen. His hands hurt from the handles digging into his palms, and he rubbed at them tenderly.

"Oh, Hinata!" Oikawa called, bouncing into the room. As he walked in, he didn't look where he was going and tipped one of the pails over, milk spilling everyone. Oikawa gasped as Iwaizumi hit the back of his head. "Iwa-chan! Ow!"

Hinata stared at the spill, having to hold back his screams. He had to carry that for a whole freaking mile!

"Oikawa! What the heck!" Hinata said and Oikawa just shrugged.

"Sorry, Hinata! Guess you gotta go get some more!" Hinata just facepalmed as he marched his way back out the door.

"Ugh, I hate my life!" Hinata said silently to himself. He walked along the cobblestone sidewalk, people pushing him to get through. He was used to this treatment, seeing as he was just a lowly servant boy. But he still was confused on the large amount of people trying to get through. The small town was never this busy before. "Why is everyone crowding around?" he wondered aloud. He tapped lightly on a man's shoulder. The man turned to face him, narrowing his eyes.

"What?" he asked.

"Why is everyone crowding around?" Hinata questioned politely. Being shorter than average had its disadvantages, and not being able to see passed people's shoulders was just one.

"The Prince and the King are giving a speech," the man answered and turned back around, pushing his way further into the crowd. Hinata, interested, decided to jump as high as he could to see past everyone. He saw a man with brown hair and a crown on his head. He was holding a long piece of paper. Guards were surrounding him with swords. King Daichi!

Surprisingly enough, the king wasn't what was interesting to Hinata. Next to the king, was a man with raven-black hair and piercing blue eyes. He looked bored and annoyed, obviously not wanting to be there. His hands were in the pockets of his pants. When Hinata landed again, his view was blocked, but he was determined to see that man again! He wiggled his way past people, being ignored since he was so short. Once he found a spot he could finally see in, he stayed put.

"Citizens of Karasuno!" the king called. "Tonight we will be having a ball at our castle. We are holding this ball so that my son, Kageyama," he gestured to the prince. He didn't seem any more interested. Hinata looked at him and swore that they made eye contact for a split second, "will choose a spouse!" the king said. Roars erupted from the crowd, mainly female ones. Hinata looked at Kageyama again. The two made eye contact again and Hinata blushed. Stop blushing, you idiot! Hinata thought. Kageyama just narrowed his eyes in thought for a moment before turning to look at something else. Hinata felt his heartbeat go back to its normal speed and the heat in his cheeks die down a little bit. He slapped himself in the face lightly. He was probably thinking about how poor you looked.

The king continued. "We invite princesses from all over the country, but anyone who is not a servant may come." Well shit. The clock tower chimed and Hinata gasped to himself. He still had to get milk! He pushed his way past the crowd, shooing any fantasies of going to the ball away. He was simply a servant, and he'd never be allowed to go. Not unless his stepmother allowed him to, and that was definitely a no. The woman hated Hinata, and did anything to make him miserable. She favored Oikawa and Iwaizumi, and spoiled them. Oikawa made Hinata's life a living hell, though, Hinata didn't think he did it on purpose. It was just in his nature to get under the small boy's skin.

As Hinata slipped out of the crowd, he looked at the prince one last time. He noticed his strong jawline and broad shoulders. Hinata also noticed his chest, which he could make out the lines of it through his princely attire (????? Cut me some slack). The small boy blushed again before turning away and sprinting back to the shop. He pushed his way inside and was greeted with the sound of a bell chiming.