Chapter 14: Escape

Sure enough on the morning of Trollstice King Peppy and got me and showed me how we would escape. After he gathered all the trolls we began our escape. Once into the underground tunnel he started shouting "No troll left behind!" Princess Poppy was handed from troll to troll until she reached the front of the line and was handed off to her father. I'm guessing the King didn't want to attract attention by rescuing Poppy himself so he had sent someone else. He paused in the middle of the tunnel to make sure Poppy was okay, she was of course and very happy like always. The King began running towards the back of the group, I wasn't really sure why but the rest of us kept on running. After reaching the end of the tunnel we all gathered to wait for King Peppy. A last huddle of trolls emerged after a minute, one of them who had an injured leg limped to the mouth of the tunnel.

 "I don't think King Peppy made it" he said sadly. 

But just moments later we all heard the King's booming voice "When I say no troll left behind, I mean to no troll left behind!" He came out naked and removed Poppy from his hair after a young troll just older than me had asked about her whereabouts. She stood in her father's hands and repeated after him "No troll left behind!" We all then began walking into the forest to get as far away from the Bergens as possible.