Finding F!3ve L0$t Years

Scottie had never tried anything new in her life. She never did anything dangerous, or risque, and has never, as in never, fallen in love. So what's happening now? Why was she doing the unthinkable? Why was she sitting right next to what was probably the baddest boy in town? And why was she enjoying herself!!??

She didn't have the answers to that. All she knew was she was indeed having fun, and her Dad, she hoped, would be proud.

.....Let's go back a bit....

Five years.

Five years of my life wasted.

Five years that I will never get back.

Five years that I have to try to make up for.

Five years is a long time.

Scottie stared over the edge, taking a deep breath. I can do this. I can do this. I can't do this!

"Come on Scottie!" Amir called out to her. "You can do this!"

Well, at least he believes in me.  How high up am I? Wait Scottie, no, don't think about that. Just remember what Amir told you; relax, focus on breathing, and last of all have fun. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and leaned forward, falling head first down the 500 ft drop to the pavement.

‡ *TEASER* ‡

It was amazing. Scottie thought she would have ran out of tear dust by now. But here she was, laying on her bed, and crying. Again. It seemed all she ever did was cry ever since her family got the news. Her father, the rock, the family glue, her biggest supporter, had Leukemia. He was dying.

It wasn't something anyone ever would've guessed, not even someone with a crystal ball. Her father was the image of strength, kindness, honor. He had a wife a daughter and friends that loved him. He was too important, too needed to leave the world so soon. But life doesn't care about all that does it?

Of course not.

The whole town had been devastated when they heard the news. Her father was a local celebrity, with all his charities, and donations, and fun-loving ways. He was the sunshine in her tiny town of Indiana, some people even knick-named him Mr. S for Mr. Sunshine. But now the clouds were nearing and they threatened to block him out...forever.

It was easy for her to stay strong for a while, but as the changes began to show, it got harder. His once strong muscles had now dissipated and turned his arms to twigs. His thick chestnut hair was slowly but surely thinning and falling out. His skin was paling and his cheek bones started jutting out of his cheeks. It got to a point where she could barely look at him.

Who was this man? The father she once knew was gone, and in his place a sickly patient remained. It was ironic how he had once been the one standing over patients that looked as bad as he did now, probably worse, and now he was the one that needed a doctor. It killed her. It killed her so much.

How could this happen? Why can't time stop! What can I do to stop this? Please let me know, just don't take my father...please don't take my father... these are the things she would pray for every night. But God must've been on vacation, cause he never seemed to hear her.

"Scottie," her mother called softly. "Scottie please listen to me..."

Scottie burried her face deeper in her pillow and sobbed. She had told her mother not to bother her. She had been hoping that if she cried and fell asleep she would wake up from this terrible nightmare. She had been hoping that for months.

"Scottie," her mother tried again. Her mother's voice came out in a choked voice, and Scottie instantly looked up. Her mother had tears streaming out of her beautiful chocolate eyes, eyes that had stayed strong while the only man she loved was dying before her eyes. Slowly wasting away while she could do nothing about it. Though her mother had the most reason to be heartbroken her eyes stayed supportive, loving and comforting. Now they streamed over with tears, finally breaking at last.