Ch 21. Living Will

"What's wrong?" Amelia asked.

"Nothing." I muttered as I poked the orange chicken in front of me.

Amelia had came to bother me so much I had to agree to go out with her. She would call me every morning and night. She would text me non-stop.

She was worse than my boyfriend.

So now we were at the mall's food court. Because she said we should go out and eat. I didn't want to, and I insisted to go to the park but she wouldn't grasp any other option.

"How come you don't want to go out anymore?" She asked.

I shrugged, "Maybe it's because I struggle to move on my own. I don't think you understand that I can't walk. I'm not mad, it just disappoints me."

"I'm sorry."

"And I can't eat. Not in public, and not with so much fat. It makes me sick." I said.

"I'm really sorry. It's just that, I need to tell you something." She looked down.

"Well tell me! Don't just sit there."

"Terri came by the table the other day. I was by myself. She was looking for you. But since I told her you didn't go to school anymore she asked for Ben... well Ben got there and said he didn't want to talk to her, and she started crying saying she was... pregnant..."

Terri is pregnant?

Oh my gosh, I feel horrible for my friend. She's been wanting to talk to someone and I just didn't want to go out.

"She was crying?" I asked. I wasn't sure of what I should be asking. Was she upset Terri was pregnant? I couldn't do anything about that...

"It's Ben's baby." She whispered.

"Benjamin's baby? Benjie? Ben the one who sits at the table and you like?" I asked.

"Yes it's Ben's baby! He left with her that day and I haven't seen him. I hang out by myself at lunch. I'm back to square one. I have no one to hang out with."

"What about Clay? Where is he during lunch?" He better not be messing with me. I'll have him know I got eyes on him even when I'm not there.

"He hangs out in the production room. He always as something to edit or work to do. He doesn't talk to me much."

"Why?" I asked. Clay didn't tell me he was having friend problems.

"Because the day after he got arrested, we didn't talk to him. We thought he needed some space. And then you know there was band geeks and wrestler jocks at our table. We didn't think he'd feel comfortable"

"So you weren't talking to him first?"

"No, we weren't talking to him. I know im so stupid. I just didn't know what to do or how to act." She said.

"Well you better learn fast because he's coming to pick me up." I said.

"What, I thought you didn't talk to him?" She said.

"Why would you think that? You said it yourself I forgave him and I thanked him. I spent his birthday with him." I said.

"What the heck, Amara!? I asked you to go out with us and you didn't want to. And now I know that Clay ditched us to go with you. What kind of friend are you!?"

"Okay, blame everything on me. I'm the bad guy now. I said I didn't want to go because I didn't. Then Michael's mom went to my house! My house! Of course I was going to tell Clay to go over. Imagine how he feels because you didn't talk to him after he went to jail. You gave him space, when you guys as friends, should've gave him a hand."