real love by clean bandit

writing prompt: high school popular/nerd kid au

"you give me that feeling," link sung to himself, quietly.

he had actually forgotten that this song was on his playlist. he wasn't quite fond of it but it made him happy and it made him think of rhett.

rhett wasn't his type of people, either.

if he really thought about it, he didn't know what his type of people were but rhett definitely fell under the list of don't associate with.

but he definitely wasnt under the list of people he can't look at. because he looked at rhett a lot.

"you give me that real love," link continued. and maybe he did like this song.

he must of liked the song a little too much if it made him forget what he was doing. he obviously didn't see the car that was driving straight at him. and he didn't feel the hand that dragged him away.

"are you fucking crazy?!" the tall, blonde boy said.

he was shocked by the tone rhett was giving him. but then he was shocked that rhett was talking to him. because rhett never talked to him. not anymore, atleast.

"n-no?" link responded, shyly.

"you could have killed yourself! gosh, you're an idiot, link."

"you remember my name?" the shorter one asked.

link could've sworn he saw rhett show the smallest frown but it vanished quickly.

"that doesn't matter. be more careful next time. here, i'll walk with you so you don't do anything idiotic."

link blushed, lightly, "you don't have to do that. i'll be more careful, really."

"no, it's okay."

"but, you'll be made fun of if your friends see you hanging with me."

"i think i would rather be teased than know that you got hurt because i was too selfish of my own popularity."

link just kept walking because he couldn't believe rhett mclaughlin was giving him the time of day. rhett followed, of course.

"what song are you listening to? it must be important if it made you almost get hit by a fucking car."

link rolled his eyes and didn't answer him.

"hey, come on. i'm just curious. i'll stop teasing."

link huffed, "it's called real love by clean bandit."

"i've never heard of it," rhett answered, "can i listen to it, too?"

he didn't wait for an answer before he took one of link's earbuds and put it in his own ear, link huffed again before starting the song over so rhett could fully listen to it.

"ooh, you got the feeling that i want to feel.

ooh, you got the feeling that i know is real, real, real.

it's in the way you love, it's in the way you love.

and i can see that this is real.