i wanna boi by pwr bttm

writing prompt: link misses rhett a lot.
a/n: the song is about wanting a boy but this story is more like they're broke up a month ago.

link shivered, wrapping the blankets a little tighter around his body. his hair was still wet from the shower he took a few moments ago. it bothered him that he was laying in bed and forgot to turn on the heater.

rhett was warm. he was comfortable, the tempature felt right in his house, and he was exactly where he wanted to be. but his heart wasn't. gosh, it ached for him to be with link, his link.

"i wanna boy to keep the bed warm while i shower,
i wanna boy to keep the bed warm while we're watching tv,
i wanna boy to keep the bed warm when the whole house is freezing,
i wanna boy who isn't anything like me,"

rhett and link were opposites and equals in all the right ways. they were perfect for each other in all the ways they weren't meant to be. and they loved each other, which was the most important thing for the two to remember.

rhett regretted breaking up with link. he was drunk and in his mind, he really did believe that link was cheating on him.

"you're seeing that josh boy, huh? you always think i don't notice the way you look at him. you make me sick," rhett had spat, link could smell the alcohol from his breath.

link had scoffed, crossing his arms, "you're crazy, rhett, and you're fucking drunk."

"oh, i'm crazy? what a joke."

"you are! i can't believe you would even think for a second that i would cheat on you."

but believing that link was seeing another boy seemed more realistic in his mind. he wouldn't dare ever confess that rhett was actually just scared of dating a man. men weren't supposed to date other men. they weren't supposed to express their feelings or enjoy shopping. they were supposed to do manly things like. . . enjoy sports?

"i wanna boy who doesn't like to go out shopping,
i wanna boy who thinks it's sexy when my lipstick bleeds,
i wanna boy who can go all night without stopping,
i wanna boy who knows exactly what he needs,"

link wanted rhett back. he didn't care if he had to apologize about something he didn't even do. he was willing to make things right with his ex-boyfriend just so he could be happy again.

"so if you think
that you're the boy for me
and i'm the boy for you
drop me a line at ob8419@bard.edu
tell me alittle bit about yourself
send a picture or two
and hurry up now because
it's only getting colder."

link reached for his phone that was sitting on the table next to his bed. he could feel the cold air spread across his wet body, making him shiver again. he dialed the forbidden number, the number that he was scared to answer to because he was so hurt by the words that rhett said the night they broke up.

the noise startled rhett from his sad thoughts. he stared at the phone for so long before he swiped the answer button. he couldn't trust his voice at the moment because when the words left link's mouth, he nearly broke down.

"r-rhett?"

a sob fell from rhett's lips, "link? oh gosh, i'm sorry. i'm so fuckin' sorry. it was a mistake to break up with you for something that i know you didn't do. i'm an idiot. forgive me, please."

the plea surprised link because he was going to beg to get rhett back, not the other way around.

"you're not angry with me anymore?" link asked, quietly.